Chapter 4: "Responsible for a Death"

I woke up to someone rubbing smooth circles on my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw Arden's head on my top stomach and his hand on my small baby bump. His head wasn't facing me so he didn't see me observing him. I smiled knowing that Arden will be there for his baby.

"Ariel, I am so sorry for saying those things to you yesterday. I had a long talk with my parents last night. Even if were not together, I helped make this baby of ours and he or she is going to need both of its parents." He turned his head and looked at me.

"I know, I have been thinking of the same thing as well. At first I was going to get an abortion, but then the thought came to me that I don't want to be responsible for a death and then I was thinking about giving it to another family but after seeing and hearing my baby's heartbeat, I knew I couldn't do it. I will not do it. Regardless if you changed your mind and wanted to be a part of your child's life, I was still going to keep it."

He sat up straight on the chair and had his arms crossed.

"I don't want my son or daughter to grow up thinking that there father was a dead beat and didn't want anything to do with them, I am going to be there for you but I want you to accept Veronica in our child's life. She is my girlfriend."

As much as I wanted to say no, I knew I had to be the bigger person and accept it. It kind of hurt to know that he didn't want me. In a way I guess I thought he would of have grown feelings for me because I was carrying his child. As for right now I may be found to it but once my son or daughter is born my mind might change.

"As long as my child has a father in its life I don't care what you do." Which was completely true. I honestly don't care what he does in his life.

A light knock to my door came seconds later. It was my nurse. "Alright, Ariel, here is your release forms and you are safe to go home." I smiled and thanked her.

I told Arden to look the other way while I got changed. Since my car was totaled I had to get in Arden's black Lamborghini. After I got in, I made sure to buckle up. I can't wait to get home. I am in the need of a shower, my hair brushed and some nice freshly clothes and then eat something because I am starving!

The car ride to my parent's mansion was very quiet. We didn't say anything to each other. When he pulled up in front of the house he looked at me. I looked back at him and smirked. "What?" I said awkwardly.

"I hope we have a girl." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Me too." I then got out the car and headed straight into the house.

When I shut the big, golden French doors, I peaked out of the curtain and saw him pull out of the drive way. Arden was sure a sight for sore eyes. I smiled to myself and turned around to get cleaned up. When I got to my room, I heard sniffs from behind my door. I slowly opened it and saw it was my brother. When I shut the door he heard and quickly tried to hide his tears.

"Ariel, I didn't hear you come in."

He tried to switch the subject. Instead I went next to him and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"It's okay, I am okay, and there is no need to cry Brandon." I tried to make him relax.

"No its not okay Ariel, Arden took advantage of you and got you pregnant and then made you seem lower than the low. That is not acceptable. He is just so lucky I didn't kill him. Ariel, I just want you to know, I will always be here for you and my little nephew or niece. "

I hugged him tighter. "I am sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I was just scared of what you would have thought of me. I didn't," Before I could finish Brandon cut me off. "Yeah, I heard. Mother told me, I don't want you to think that I would judge you for something I know you didn't mean to happen. He told us what happened. Just know I am always here for you."