The Human Child

Deep within the grounds of Arcadia, as deep as you can imagine, a civilization of creatures live below the upper world. These creatures are known as trolls, and the place they live is called Trollmarket. It is a place where many different kinds of trolls live and run their businesses, a way to make a living for themselves. Other creatures live there, too, and they are called gnomes. They are known as pests, but they still serve a good purpose to the trolls. They scurry on their backs and get rid of any pesky insect or thing off of them. That was all that dwelled within Trollmarket, just trolls and gnomes. Nothing else, not even humans ever set foot in a place such as this. Well, at least, that's what they want you to think. Running through the streets, a troll with a green mane of hair was laughing with pure joy. Riding on top of him is a little human girl, no more than the age of seven. She was giggling and having some fun, her arms stretched out and letting out a loud 'whooo'. "Onward, AAARGH!!!, for victory!!" she shouted out. They both were laughing at their heart's content, the troll not bothering to see where he was going. Not too far away from them, a four-armed, six eyed troll is walking around, calling out someone's name. "Gwendolyn? Gwendolyn! Oh, where did that little girl run off to?" he asked himself, one pair of his arms were crossed and the other was placed on his hips. Then, he hears the sounds of laughter from behind him. He turns around and sees the green manned troll and the human girl fast approaching him.

Seeing the troll before him, the green manned troll abruptly stops right in front of him, the human girl almost falling off of him. "My goodness AAARRGH!!!, you almost crashed into me" the six eyed troll said. "Sorry Blinky" he replied. The little girl lifted her head, shook it a bit, and a smile appeared on her face when she sees the six eyed troll before her. "Hello Father" she said to him. "Why there you are, you sneaky little goblin" Blinky said, picking her up from his friend's back. "I'm not a goblin, Father. I'm too big to be one" she tells him. "Well that is true, Gwendolyn, you're also too sweet for that. Come on, you two, we are needed to see Vendel" he replied back, while holding Gwendolyn in his one of his arms. "What for?" AAARRGH!!! asked, his brow slightly raised in confusion. "I'm not sure, but he did say that it was important" Blinky said. "Maybe I'm finally gonna get the sapphire emerald that I always wanted" the little girl said. The six eyed troll chuckles in amusement. "Guess we shall see, shall we?" he said to the human child. With that being said, Blinky, AAARRGH!!!, and Gwendolyn walked through Trollmarket and made their way to the center of it all, the Heartstone.

The three of them made it to the Heartstone. There, two trolls were waiting for them. One troll has a long grey beard and eyes that were misty colored and was reading some books, his staff standing next to him. The other was a blue/teal troll that has large horns on his head and spikes on his back. As the older troll read, he hears the high pitch voice of Gwendolyn echoing through the crystal walls. "Hi Vendel! Hi Draal!" she said to the two of them, just as her, Blinky, and AAARRGH!!! came in. Putting the book down, Vendel walks over to greet them, his staff at hand. "Why hello, Gwendolyn. I was wondering when you'll arrive" he said. "It is good to see you, little fleshling" Draal said, ruffling the girl's hair a bit as Blinky puts her down on the rocky ground. "Hey, I'm not that little, you know" she said to him, which caused him to laugh "So sorry, Vendel, there was a...bit of a delay" Blinky tells him. "Well, I'm glad you came regardless, it has something to do with young Gwendolyn here" the elderly troll said, gesturing to the human girl. "Is it a sapphire emerald?" she asks him. "No, little one, it's nothing like that" Vendel chuckled. "But good try though" said Draal. "Oh, well, what is it then?" asked Gwendolyn. The elderly troll kneels down at her level and then said "besides a rare gem, what else do you wish for?" The girl thought long and hard about this question, her face holding a thinking expression. "Um, well, I also want to become a great warrior, just like Draal and the Trollhunter Kanjigar!" she tells him.

For as long as she can remember, Gwendolyn dreamed of warding off evil and protecting every innocent soul, just like her idols. The Trollhunter Kanjigar, who has been protecting Trollmarket and the citizens of Arcadia for as long as she knew him. Also, his son, Draal, who is not only her idol, but also one of her closest friends. The blue troll couldn't help but smile in pride when she said that. "Really now? Well, how do you feel about beginning your training?" Vendel said, a small smile creeping on his stone face. The little girl's eyes widen, her mouth open agape, and excitement building up inside her. AAARRGH!!! seemed to be excited to hear this, as was Draal, but Blinky was less than pleased. "Wait, wait a moment, Vendel. Don't you think she's a bit young to begin training? I mean, she has barely gotten out of her baby teeth" he said, a hint of worry in his voice. "I understand your concern, Blinky. Which is why I've chosen Draal to be her combat teacher, he won't do much harm to her" the elderly troll said, standing back up on his feet. "That's right, she might have a few bruises here and there, but no harm will come to her" the blue troll said as well. The six eyed troll wasn't too sure about that. He had nothing against Draal, but he is known to be a bit rough when it comes to fighting. He just doesn't want to see his sweet daughter hurt. "Still, she's just a child. What if something happens to her? I don't think she's ready" he said.

"Blinky, we all knew that something like this is going to happen, and we did talk about it earlier on. I believe she's ready, you just have to trust her" Vendel said, approaching Blinky and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Please, Father. I know that you're nervous and scared, but I will be fine. You don't need to worry" Gwendolyn said, looking up at her father with a determined, confident and pleading look. "Gwendolyn is ready" AAARRGH!!! said to his friend. "I agree with Vendel and AAARRGH!!! on this. She will need to learn how to defend herself from any kind of danger" Draal said. The six eyed troll was still a bit hesitant, but the look on the human girl's face is enough to convince him. He sighs and looks down at his daughter. "You promise that if something happens, you'll let me know first?" he said to her. She nods her head at her father, willing to make that promise. Blinky stays silent for a moment or two, until he finally said "alright, you can begin your training". Gwendolyn almost lets out a excited gasp. It was hard for her to contain it, but she tries her best to maintain a serious face. She turns to Draal, Vendel and AAARRGH!!! and said "thank you all for believing in me". They all bowed their heads to her, silently reciprocating her thanks. "Your training will begin first thing tomorrow, and try not to be late this time" the elderly troll said. "I won't, Vendel, I promise" the girl said. She turns back to her father, who was still nervous about this, but still was willing to support her. "Gwendolyn, even though I think you're still too young, I think that you'll do a great job" he said to her. Gwendolyn smiles and she goes to hug her father, wrapping her arms in a loving embrace. "Don't worry, Father. I won't let you down" she tells him. "I know you won't" he replied, returning the hug.

Draal clears his throat, breaking the father/daughter moment between Blinky and Gwendolyn. They break the hug, and the girl turns her attention to the blue troll. "I just want you to know, Gwendolyn, that your training will not be easy. I hope you understand that?" he said to her. "I understand completely, Draal. Even if my skin is hard as stone, there will be things that'll break or even hurt me badly. None the less, I'll be able to take on any challenge" she said, her voice full of determination. "That's what I like to hear" Draal said, a smirk appearing on his face. "Alright, let's get you home and well rested. You have a big day tomorrow" Blinky said to his daughter. "Okay, Father" Gwendolyn said. She tells Vendel and Draal a good evening and her, Blinky and AAARRGH!!! left the Heartstone. As they left, everything was silent. The elderly troll mutters to the blue troll "wait for it", as if he knows something is going to happen. Then, not even a few seconds later, they both hear a loud "yes!!" and "woo hoo!!" from outside. "Called it" Vendel said, walking away chuckling, with Draal doing the same.