The Big News

The years have past since Gwendolyn began her training. Draal wasn't kidding when he said this training wasn't going to be easy. The girl had been bruised and felt her bones break, yet she still managed to continue on without any issues. She even had a couple lessons with the great Trollhunter Kanjigar himself. She had also gained a bit of a reputation throughout Trollmarket, the residents starting to call her Gwendolyn the Determined. She doesn't mind the title, it did suit her after all. She has also gained some muscle over the years, due to the intense training she went through. Despite all that, however, she still felt like there was something else, something that she had never done. Gwendolyn started to think about the world above Trollmarket, for she has never been up there before. She wondered what it is like from time to time, but the curious feeling had become stronger by each passing day. Her whole life, she remained within the rocky walls of Trollmarket, never once going above it. She seen what the above world is like from the sewers, but it's not the same thing. She wants to experience it herself, see it with her own eyes. Now a sixteen year old teen, Gwendolyn is walking through Trollmarket, greeting trolls that walked past her as she did, making her way to the Hero's Forge. It is a place where all Trollhunters, as well as other warriors, go to train to make themselves stronger and faster. It is a place where the young girl has been training at for many years. Not only was it her training area, it was also a place to clear her head, to relax herself. It was certainly a place where she needed to be right now, for more reasons than one.

In the Hero's Forge, Gwendolyn was doing hand combat training with Draal, landing some hits on the blue troll. Ever since becoming the girl's combat mentor, the blue troll has kept his word to Blinky, by not doing much physical harm to her, or at least tried to anyway. Though she is doing well, her mind was elsewhere, and Draal knew it. He had somehow sensed it in the way she was fighting, for it was a bit sloppy today. So, he knew he had to ask her what was on her mind. "You seem distracted more than usual today, Gwendolyn" he said, dodging a punch from her attack. "I'm not distracted, Draal. And I told you before, you can call me Gwen. I don't mind the nickname" the girl said, trying to land an attack on the troll, but to no avail. "Really? Then why are your attacks faltering?" he asks her, grabbing a hold of her hand with his own, firmly but gently. "It's nothing, really, I just haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep" Gwendolyn, or Gwen, said to him. Then, in a quick of an instant, Draal spun her around, making the girl feel dizzy. After a few seconds, he lets go, causing her to fly back some feet away and fall into the rocky. She groans in pain, turning on her backside. She looks up and sees the blue troll staring down at her. "Even if sleep was the cause, you could've still managed to slip out of my grasp and made a sneak attack" he said to her, offering his hand to her. Gwen sighs, but she still took his hand and allowed him to help her up. "Okay, I could've done that" she said, holding onto her waist lightly. "Great choice of words from Gwendolyn the Determined" Draal said, his arms crossed and a smirk plastered on his face. This caused him to get playfully punched by the young girl.

After that, Gwen and Draal decided to take a short break. They went over to the stairway and sat there to talk. The blue troll knew, that at that moment, he needed to ask the girl what was troubling her. "Gwen, you came here to not only train. I know something is bothering your mind, so if you want to, you can tell me" he said, his voice holding some concern and wonder. The girl knew that it was pointless to hide this secret. After all, her mentor and friend could easily read her like an open book. So, after a couple seconds of silence, she decides to tell him. "Okay, if you really must know" she said. She then tells him about her desire to go above the surface, going into complete detail as she did. Draal lifts up a questionable brow. "Well, why don't you?" he asks her. "You know my father, Draal. He is kind and understanding, of course, but he's also a bit protective when it comes to me. I mean, even if I do ask him, he's going to list the many reasons why I shouldn't. For example, he's going to say 'but dear, you're still just a child. I don't think you're quite ready yet', something like that" she explains. The blue troll couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's impression of Blinky, but he still knew what she was talking about. Being down here in Trollmarket your whole entire life and not being able to go up to the surface, it can be a bit boring after some time. "I don't doubt his worry about you, but he cares about your well being" he tells her. "I know that, but still, he thinks that I'm not able to handle these things" Gwen replies.