First Day Jitters & Making Two New Friends

For the next few days, Gwen couldn't sleep, almost becoming impossible to. How could she when she was excited to go to the surface and experience it all for herself, for the very first time, nonetheless. Not only that, but she was also excited to go to a human school (not that there's anything wrong with her schooling there in Trollmarket, of course) and meet other humans such as herself for the first time. She has never seen another human in person before, due to the fact that she was raised by trolls all her life. So, she felt a bit anxious about that, as well. Each day she'd learn the many ways of how to act in front of them and each night before she went to sleep, she would mentally tell herself to not act too strangely in front of all of the other teenage humans. As the days past, Gwen starts feeling more excited, nervous, and anxious at the same time. Despite that, she tries not to let those emotions get the better of her. Then, the day came, the day where she finally gets to go to the outside world.

Brushing her black hair and pulling it up to a low ponytail, held by a dark brown hair tie, Gwen looks at herself in the mirror. She sees her face, and for a short moment, she sees a look of hesitation. She started to have second thoughts. 'What if this all goes wrong? What if they don't like me? What if they instantly judge me?' she thought. As these thoughts ran through her mind, she didn't even hear Draal come into her room. "Gwendolyn?" he called out, breaking the girl's train of thought. "Oh, hey Draal" she said, turning to face the blue troll. "Are you alright? You seem stressed" he said to her. "Stressed? I'm not stressed, why would I be stressed?" the girl said, trying to play it off like it was nothing. Draal gives her a look, not really believing her one bit. Gwen sighs and sits herself on her bed, her hands clasped together in a nervous matter. "I don't know what's wrong. I-I'm not heaving second thoughts or anything like that, just that, I've been waiting for this day my whole life, and now that it's here, I guess I feel a little scared. Actually, a lot scared. What if the other teens don't like me? What if I do something wrong and they instantly hate me right then and there?" she confesses. Draal stays silent for a moment, contemplating his next words. "It is normal to feel these things. I too have felt them. I try to show my father that I have what it takes to be the Trollhunter, a warrior, just like him" the blue troll said, walking up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "There nothing wrong with being afraid, Gwendolyn. But I think that you're going to do great up there" he tells her.

Gwen looked up at Draal and gave him a kind smile, to which the troll returned the same smile. They stared at each other for who knows how long. Draal clears his throat, breaking his gaze onto her. "You, um, you should probably get going. Blinky, AAARRRGH!!! and Vendel should be by the entrance" he said, not wanting the atmosphere to be any more awkward. "Yea, thanks for the talk, Draal" Gwen said, getting up from her bed, picking up her bag and getting ready to go out the door. Before she did, she turns back to the blue troll and said with a smile "wish me luck, Draal the Deadly". "I will, Gwendolyn the Determined" he replied. As he said that, his head drops a bit, a look of sadness on his face. The girl notices this and asks him "Draal, are you okay?" "Hmm, oh yes, I'm fine" he replied. Gwen wanted to ask more, but she didn't want to irritate him if he wasn't in a talking mood. She runs out the door, her body full of energy once again. Draal chuckles, watching her go and said "you're always full of spirit, Gwendolyn. Never change that about you".

Gwen runs up the crystal stairway, her legs never once giving up on her. While she did, she sees a couple of trolls carrying a wagon full of rubble. It made her raise an eyebrow, but didn't really question it either. When she got to the top, standing by the entrance, there was Blinky, AAARRRGH!!! and Vendel waiting there, wanting to see her go out the entrance of Trollmarket. "Hello, Gwendolyn" the elderly troll greeted. "Hey Vendel, I hope I'm not late" the girl said. "Nope, on time" said the green manned troll. Blinky walks up to his daughter to make sure she's got everything. "Now Gwendolyn, you got everything you need? Books, pencils, important papers, appropriate attire?" he said. "Father!" Gwen said, her face flushed with red. "Sorry dear, I'm only kidding. But seriously, none of that" the six eyed troll tells her. "I know Father, I know" the girl said to him. Blinky places two of his hands on her shoulders and said to her "you know, this isn't the easiest for me. You going out in the big world, and expanding new horizons (sniffles) it's hard to imagine my dear little girl is all grown up". Gwen sees the tears starting to form in his eyes and the soft whimpers he let out. "It's okay Father, I'm only gonna go to school. It's not like I'm going to be traveling all over the world" she tells him, placing her hands onto his. "I understand, but still-" the six eyed troll wasn't able to finish his sentence, as he began to bawl his eyes out and hug his daughter tightly. "Okay, Father, it's okay" Gwen said, feeling a bit crushed by the hug. Blinky releases the girl after he hears Vendel say "now, now Blinkous, don't crush the poor girl before her big day can begin".