Lost Stars (24)

WARNING!

Bad news: bad stuff is back again

This chapter contains graphic descriptions of torture, including cutting, beating, choking, severing the Achilles' Tendon, waterboarding, unwanted physical contact, sexual degradation, and stabbing.

There are also implications of sexual assault, so once again, I will add warnings so you can skip these triggering parts.

Make sure you are comfortable before proceeding.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I am willing to fight this war if it means Magister Mortalis will be exterminated from this realm forever," I proclaimed, my voice echoing through the cavernous meeting hall, the eyes of the twelve ambassadors landing on me at the foot of the extensive table. The boys of BTS stood behind me, listening in on their first official meeting of the Coalition. "I will do everything in my power to ensure that you are all kept safe. It's beyond my knowledge if these villains are only after me."

"We're ready to help in any way we can," Queen Videla consoled, placing her palms on the table and leaning forward slightly.

"The longer we wait, the more dangerous an outcome will befall us in the end," Princess Njala voiced her concerns, holding a tone of maturity in her voice despite her young age.

"Sentries have been set up all around The Bind, and our guard is on full alert," Prince Akito, Levi's younger brother, informed us, pointing to his island on the map laid before everyone.

"As well as ours. The Daunt is prepared to fight back if needed," King Éloi said, nodding toward the Japanese man.

"Princess Annalise, are your defenses up yet?" Linus, King of The Cut, asked the girl ruling over The Vale.

"A few days ago, we were hit with a massive wildfire. It'll take weeks just for us to recover from that natural disaster," Annalise sighed.

"I'll send supplies over to help," I offered, and she bowed, thanking me sincerely.

"We don't know when they're making their next move, but we need your support to win," Namjoon joined in, but I raised my hand to cut him off, glancing at him briefly while shaking my head.

I stared at each of the ambassadors, a certain look filling their eyes - fear. Never before have I seen such fear in their eyes, even though we'd been facing this enemy for years. Only after being told of my month-long capture did they finally realize the severity of the situation. The twelve rulers stayed determined to take down the enemy. But this time, it was different.

"No. This is a fight for me and me alone," I said, earning a few gasps from the others. "Magister Mortalis will pay. I will not risk the lives of your people to fight this war. This is personal."

"Heda, are you sure-" Prince Zuko began to ask, but I shot him a side glance, effectively quieting him.

"I will only be at peace if they are brought down by my hand. As I said, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to defeat them, even if I die in the end."

Yoongi stepped forwards and looked at me with troubled eyes, but I couldn't be bothered to argue with him at the moment, so I shook him off and returned my gaze to the ambassadors.

"I called for a meeting today to inform you of our current situation - but let it be known that I do not want any of you fighting in this war. This is my fight. If anything happens to me, the High Kings of The Embrace will take over. Is that clear?"