He Used To Be Mine (27)

This freaking gif took me 20 minutes to make the right size

curse you and your 3mb gif restrictions

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

By the time I woke up, the night had already fallen. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the brilliant, clear view of the outside world. The moon had nearly cleared the horizon, climbing slowly up the sky and chasing away the sun. I spotted a cluster of red specks like splattered blood in the sky, winging down from the mountains. My eyes drifted down to Toothless, curled up like a kitten a few feet away from me.

A sudden buzz in my pocket startled me, and I pulled out my phone to read a single message that made my heart drop in seconds.

Yoongs

I need to take a break from us

What?

A soft grunt from beneath me startled my body upright, but I let my breath loose once I saw Namjoon's peaceful face. His silvery hair ran over his shut eyes, curling into a perfect swirl. His cheekbones stood out prominently and he mumbled in his sleep, unknowingly presenting his dimples in a small, innocent smile.

Suddenly, his smile twisted into a pure look of terror and fear overtook his features. I could sense his restlessness as he fluttered in some storm-tossed sea of dreams. He gasped silently, and I leaned over him, cradling the side of his face in one of my hands. At my touch, his eyes jolted open, and he sat up with a heavy breath, accidentally making me crash into his chest.

"Shit! Sorry," Namjoon cursed, pulling me back gently to look at me. Beads of sweat were dripping profusely down his pale skin, and my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pressing my hand against his chest.

"Yeah. I'm fine," He said with a certain tone that evidently revealed his lie.

"Stop saying you're fine when you're obviously not." I held his face and ran my thumbs over his cheeks, and only then did I notice how his eyes were full of tears. "I know you."

Namjoon sighed. "I had a nightmare about losing you. It's stupid, I know-" He said, but I cut him off with a hug, my arms wrapping strongly around him, pulling him as close as I could.

"It's not stupid. I don't know how you're able to handle all of this, but I'm grateful," I said, running my fingers through his tousled hair.

"When we find them, I'm going to make them suffer. We will make them pay." Namjoon pressed his lips to my forehead while pulling back, holding my face in his warm hands. He opened his mouth as if he were going to speak, but nothing came out, and he sighed, resting his chin on my head as he pulled me in again for another hug.

This is what I needed.

"Yoongi said he wants to take a break... from us," I said suddenly.

"I'm this close to punching him, you know," Namjoon spoke sternly, and I scoffed lightly in response. He sighed and kissed my forehead. "You can't control him. I hate how he's treating you right now, but only he can realize what he's doing is wrong. He has to find out for himself. I say take a break. You don't need to be stressing yourself out over him. Focus on yourself, okay?"

"Okay."

Suddenly the door swung open, and five familiar faces came into view as Namjoon and I pulled away from each other and peered over at the rest of the boys who had just entered. Toothless growled for a moment, then softened his expression once he saw all of his kings - well, almost all of them.