The End of the Beginning (32)

WARNING!

This chapter contains a very detailed battle scene, which means gore, death, and blood will be described in great detail.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I awoke quickly despite waking from a greatly heavy sleep. I rubbed the remains of sleep from my eyes and gazed out at the horizon; its vivid light extended across a rosy sky.

"Good morning," Yoongi mumbled into my neck, making me jump at the sudden sound. Turning around, I let my eyes wander down to his sleepy face, his eyes half-lidded and a slight smirk spread across his lips.

"What day is it?" I asked, not even waiting to get down to business. Yoongi groaned and scooted closer to me, burying his face deep in the crook of my neck.

"Monday."

"Oh, shit. We're supposed to be training today. Come on."

"I don't want to get up... I'm so warm beside you."

"Yoongs, this is important. Please, just get up for an hour and I promise we can come back and nap all day."

"Mmm, that sounds nice. Except for the getting up part."

As I threw my head back in exasperation and groaned aloud, Yoongi just giggled at my reaction. He smiled and peppered a few kisses across my shoulder.

"I'm just teasing you. Come on, up we go." Yoongi suddenly dug his arm underneath my legs and lifted me, supporting my back with his other arm. I yelped and held onto him, my arms circling his neck for balance. "Cute."

"Shut up," I snapped, only for him to laugh at me again. The both of us got ourselves ready in less than fifteen minutes, which had honestly felt longer since Yoongi kept clinging to me like a little child, whining about how he wanted more hugs and for me to give him a hundred kisses.

I rolled my eyes, and we grabbed our weapons, holstering them before heading to the second-floor combat training room, where the others were waiting for us. Fawn, Axel, and Levi had asked to train with me a while ago, so I allowed them to join in this time. It was refreshing to have all of my friends in the same room, but the tension of an oncoming storm still loomed over us.

Yoongi opened the doors to the training room, and everyone was quick to greet us. Levi stood up quickly and nodded at me with a half-grin.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" Levi chuckled.

"Actually, I'm just watching today," I explained, then pointed to Yoongi. "You can kick his ass, though."

"Gladly."

Hours went by as I watched my friends practice with each other. I sat in the corner, giving directions every now and then until they all fell into a sort of trance that made them move so swiftly that they seemed untouchable. I felt a burst of certainty in my chest. Watching them thriving like this filled me with a sense of hope - that if something would happen to me, The Embrace would be left in good hands.

"Come on, hit me!" Levi taunted Yoongi, a prominent smirk on his face as he raised his dual blades. Yoongi hinged his shoulders and threw a carefully aligned punch at Levi, yet he barely missed and grazed the side of Levi's face.

"Work your angle a little more and you got it perfect!" I shouted. Yoongi nodded towards me in understanding and within one sure movement, he grabbed Levi's arm and punched him in the gut, making the younger man fall to the ground in shock.

"Damn, you've got a hell of a punch, Min." Levi laid on the ground, propping himself up on his elbows, staring at Yoongi, somewhat bewildered. His dual swords slid away from his hands, his face still adorned with a scowl, albeit in a less hostile manner, and more of an admirable one at Yoongi's surprising strength.