Chapter nine

Sunday night

I was on FaceTime with Louis. "Red, definitely red bitch. You have to do it now."

"That's what I was thinking." I tighten my robe. I had just gotten out of the shower. "So this one or this one?"

"Number one is more you, but number two is gonna piss him off, girl!"

"I guess I can step out of my comfort zone just for tonight. Text you tomorrow, byeee."

"Byeee." He says as I hang up and go change.

Outfit number one was a red jumpsuit with the top upper part lace which was sexy yet comfy. Outfit number two was a short, tight, lace dress, a side slit and had padding in it to push up your boobs. Yet for me, it was pushing up just chest fat. I straighten my hair for once, lord knows it's a hassle and way too much work. Mascara was my best friend. I applied just lip gloss, I didn't want to have too much red on. I put on red lace up heels and a thin long black jacket. For once, I was going out without my purse full of weapons. Instead my purse held my phone and wallet only. Relief overcame me as I was able to fight off the urge to stress about safety.

I head down the stairs trying not to break my ankles. Looking down I see Carter, Vante, and Mateo all waiting at the door. It felt like prom and I had the three most handsome dates. They all were wearing all black as usual and man did they look good.

"Damn El, you actually look like you didn't crawl out of the garbage for once." Says Vante.

"Hm." I give him a fake smile.

Carter starts to walk towards me beginning to speak but Mateo takes my hand and pulls me with him out the door. "El's riding with me!"

Mateo's car was a black lamborghini. It was nice except the pizza boxes and some girls underwear. Mateo was really cute and sweet but he was a player. There's no way I'd set myself up to get hurt. As I look back in the mirror, I notice Carter's truck making a right but Vante's car still following.

"Noel, you look beautiful tonight. Well you always look beautiful, but tonight you just look amazing."

"Thank you Mateo, you're so sweet." I smile as we pull up to Mona's in a matter of minutes.

It's a bar obviously. I quickly notice that as a man stumbles out of the side door, tightly gripping a small long neck beer bottle.

We all get out of our vehicles and head in together.

"Where did Carter go?" I already knew the answer, I just wanted to see if they knew.

"To pick up Nicole." Vante answers.

"Are you serious? I hate that woman, pure evil to the core." Mateo opens the door for us.

The inside of the place was pretty fancy yet rugged at the same time. There were about fifty to a hundred people in here. The bar was humongous and that's where I exactly planned to be.

"See you guys, laterrr." Mateo kisses my cheek before disappearing in the crowd.

I begin to follow into the crowd to find a drink but am pulled back by Carter. This is starting to become a reoccurring event. When did he even get here. I begin to look around for his girlfriend. I would rather not have to come into contact with her.

"Watch yourself, watch your drinks, watch who you talk to. No guys."

I yank my hand away, " I can do whatever I want, remember? I have my bodyguards." I fake smile rolling my eyes and walking to the bar.