H.S. Flowers In His Hair - 27

I think this is what you've been waiting for...

We'll be alright

I finally manage to drag Aliza into the shower, tired from working all day. It may have taken another bud; I'm not gonna say. I pushed her inside and closed the door, my back holding it in place as she slams her palms over the glass.

She really is all over the place today. "Harry." She draws out my name and the sucker in me turns around. God damn, she's beautiful. She points to her head and then at the showerhead. "First shower." She says.

She's nervous about something, that much is clear. It's probably the new house, settling in, and the new environment.  I don't care though, I love her like this. She brings out the young Harry and Aliza. She reminds me what's important. 

"Share the moment with me." She whispers against the glass, bringing me out of thought. I undress with no hesitation. She wraps her arms around me when I enter the shower. The warm water drapes over us, like a protective blanket. 

It's a very sensual moment. I wash her hair, leaving soft kisses all over her shoulders. My finger traces the tattoo on her back, the fine line—the reminder of right and wrong. My own sides ache from the thought. Imagine you gave up. I shake the thought away; I didn't. 

We share soft kisses, and she whispers how much she loves me. She brushes the hair from my face just to kiss me again. I've never felt so much from doing so little. 

***

I'm standing by the piano, I don't know where she went after we showered together. I sit down gingerly, as if it may disappear in front of me. 

My fingers find the keys and I do some scales to loosen them and regains some of the muscle memory, The chords that have been plaguing my mind for days run through my fingers as I press into the keys.

I fumble, hitting the wrong chord but right the action quickly. Since Aliza has been talking about fine lines I see them, every day. I've been toying with the words in my head for days. There are still things she doesn't know. 

I'll tell her, I fully intend to but the last months have been a whirlwind to me. How has it almost been a year? I can't even comprehend where the time went. If I have to look at the person I was last year this time, I won't recognize him. 

The thing that gets me is that there's still so much that I want to do with Aliza. I'm gonna marry her, have babies with her, biological or not, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna build her a swing, that will hang from the willow tree.

I'll open a bakery, and she'll have the flower shop. The words tumble through me like a weak house of cards.

Put a price on emotions. Looking for something to buy.
It's all that ever matters to us, all that ever will.

You've got my devotion but man, I can hate you sometimes.

My words are soft, higher than my usual voice.

I don't want to fight you and I don't wanna sleep in the dirt.

My finger slips when Aliza suddenly stands next to me. I stop playing. I look up at her, she's fucking beautiful. Her hair is wet still, she's only wearing one of my shirts. The green flannel wraps around her small body, more like a dress.

She's kept her promise of always being naked, killing me in the process. I don't mind too much, I love the way her body moves.

"Will you play it again for me?" She asks softly. I nod and turn back to the piano. I repeat the words, seeing from the corner of my eyes she's writing it down so I continue.