𝐬𝐢𝐱

( — SIX ; MINI LOVE HASHIRA )

WATCHING Iguro-san beat the poor kid's gut out onto the pristine pebbles made me cringe in sympathy. The kid wasn't even fighting, and yet. . .

I saw Mitsuri just standing there, a fist pressed onto her lips as her eyebrows laced with worry. She wanted to speak up, but I knew it was out of her league to do so.

I left the meeting early, and the second I got to the Butterfly Estate I puked behind a small group of bushes, trying to erase the picture of blood splatter against white.

° • ° • ° • °

"YOU'RE supposed to call her tsuguko."

I glanced at the two kakushi members who had just entered through the side door. I noticed a dark-red haired boy with hanafuda earrings, and I knew this was the boy at the Selection. He was the one accompanying a demon?

"Kanata-sama, we would like to ask permission if we may put this slayer into the hospital."

I stared at them as a squirrel ran up to my shoulder with a walnut, and a bright orang baby fox settled itself onto my feet. Many birds tweeted and flapped their wings behind me, vying for my attention. The boy being carried looked at the animals with awe, and the way they clustered around me sparked his interest more.

"Of course."

Aoi came in and wrapped things up, and I was left alone with my animal buddies once more. I laid down on a soft patch of grass as the baby fox scurried to my stomach, lying there.

"It tickles," I murmured at the fox, with a small smile forming on my face. I instinctively kicked my legs up as I lifted the fox up in the air, and I couldn't tell whether or not I imagined that it had laughed.

"Ara, Mila-san, maybe you ought to wear shorts and socks, ne?"

I stood up quickly as I spotted Shinobu standing in front of me, a herd of butterflies surrounding her, just like Kanao.