To my Body...

To anyone who has ever thought of their body negatively, or doubted their beauty. This is for you.

~~~~ To my body.

As I was looking at you today I realised I always judge you rather harshly.
By the size of your waist, the unevenness of your breasts, the different marks and shades embodied by your skin... always searching for insecurity.

It's so much easier to hate you rather than love you. To point out your quirks and see them as faults instead of unique features that make you special. Perhaps that's why I forget to thank you for bearing me day by day, even on the days where I can't stand the sight of you. You deserve more from me; more love, more appreciation; especially after undervaluing you so severely.

I always forget how mighty you are. A resilient vessel. Carved to perfection.

You deserve to know that. You deserve all the pampering in the world. I hope you can forgive me for every terrible thought I've had towards you. For not believing anyone that tells me they love you just because I couldn't see you how they did.

It won't always be easy, but I promise to love you, every part of you. Because you are an exceptional being and you're all mine.

Comment, Share,Vote.