Ichi

"Ama?" a velvety voice pervaded into my dream like state and popped my temporary bubble of numbness. I opened my eyes to see another pair of worried onyx black eyes looking down at me.

"Sasuke," I smiled, and commanded my arm to reach up and touch his face.

But I couldn't feel anything.

Panic began to overtake my entire system, and my eyes widened in fear. The reality of everything I just experienced began crashing down.

"Ama!" Sasuke quickly leaned down and gathered my unresponding body into a warm hug. Fortunately, I could feel his warm body against mine, and I relaxed a little, recognising the warmth I sleep with every night.

"Why can't I feel anything?" I tried to wiggle my fingers.

They responded.

I groaned and looked away, embarrassment creeping into my face.

"Don't worry. Even if you can't move or talk I would still look after you. That's how much I love you, even if you become a burden," Sasuke smiled and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

I closed my eyes just as a tear rolled down my cool cheek.

This is exactly why I don't deserve you.

***

"Hm yes, boss."

"I will."

"Yes of course I can manage."

"Ah yes, understood."

"Bye."

I smiled inwardly just as Sasuke slips his arms around my waist, and buried his head into my shoulder.

"Your boss?" he hummed and gave me one of his rare smiles that seems to light up a room.

"Y...yeah," even though the conversation was made to be heard by him, my guilt made me jump unconsciously. I could feel his hesitation, the way he stops breathing for a second, standing completely still.

"What's wrong? You seem shaken after the trip to Doctor yesterday," his voice was getting dangerously defensive. To Sasuke I was the fragile glass artwork that he would defend fiercely.

"Oh it's nothing, I just have this...weird project... that I have to look after," normally I could lie smoothly, but one look into those sincere onyx eyes and every mask and deception crumbles apart. He was baring so much to me I can't stand it. If only I never had that terminal disease...

"Earth to Ama?" he waved a pale hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sasuke, I'm leaving tomorrow, ok?" I turned around to face him.

"So soon?" he pouted.

"Yeah..." I started, but his lips crashed onto mine before I could finish.

"Lets make this night memorable then," he lead me to our bedroom, my hand still clutching my phone, and on top of the recent calls list was

'Naruto Uzumaki'.