Chapter One: The Airport

Tanith, China, Valkyrie, Skulduggery, Fletcher and Ghastly walked into the Dublin Airport and paused.

The airport was extremely busy and loud.

China took off her sunglasses and put them into her bag.

“So,” she said looking around, “where’s our plane?”

“Um…” Skulduggery said, “I don’t know. But there is a large board that has all of the times the planes arrive and depart and where they are so let’s go and check there.”

“Well where IS the thingy?” Valkyrie asked.

“Probably at the service desk so let’s head there.”

Everyone grabbed their bags and headed towards where they thought was the service desk was but soon became lost.

“Grr, I thought you said that the service desk was this way,” Valkyrie growled after about ten minutes of aimless wandering.

“I could have sworn it was this way.” Skulduggery murmered.

“Guys,” Tanith said.

She was ignored.

“Well you were wrong,” Valkyrie retorted, “I bet it’s this way.” Valkyrie took the lead.

Soon they became lost AGAIN.

“Grr,” Valkyrie growled.

“Haha,” Skulduggery said and if he had had a tongue, he would have stuck it out at her.

“Guys,” Tanith said again but was once again ignored.

Valkyrie scowled, “shut it bones you got us lost too.”

“Well at least I didn’t bring us back where we started.”

“At least I didn’t get stuck on an ESCALATOR.”

“At least I can eat.”

China sighed, exasperated and Ghastly and Fletcher looked at each other.

“GUYS.”

Valkyrie and Skulduggery stopped arguing and everyone looked at Tanith.

She sighed, “If you guys had been paying attention, you would have realized that the board thingy is right above us.”

They all looked up and saw the board.

“Oh,” Skulduggery said.

“Oh,” said Valkyrie.

“I can’t believe we missed that,” China said.

“Uh huh,” they nodded.

“Well,” Skulduggery said, “according to this, our plane is located at Terminal A and is due to leave at… erm…”

“Well, what does it say?” Valkyrie asked.

“Two a.m. tomorrow morning.”

They went quiet.

“So… we have to wait 13 STINKIN’ HOURS!!!!!” Valkyrie snarled.

“Um… yep,” Skulduggery said.

Valkyrie took a deep breath.

China growled and Tanith cursed.

Ghastly and Fletcher groaned.

“Well what are supposed to do?” Tanith finally said.

“Maybe we can go back home and come back here tomorrow,” Valkyrie suggested.

Skulduggery shook his head.

“No,” he said, “the roads are too busy; we would most likely just get caught in a traffic jam.”

“So what do we do?”

“Well I guess we should just get comfortable and find stuff to do since we are going to be here all night.”

They groaned again.

“Come on,” Skulduggery said picking up his bag, “let’s find a spot near our plane entrance and that will be where we stay until it’s time to go.”

15 Minutes Later…

They had found a large table and dumped their stuff next to the table.

Skulduggery and Ghastly sat down at the table with newspapers.

China went off on her own while Valkyrie and Tanith went off to find something to eat.

China found a small bookstore and wandered in. She browsed the shelves until she found a very thick book about ancient civilizations.

‘This outta get me through the boringness,’ she thought as she checked out.

Valkyrie and Tanith found a food court and got something to eat then went back to the others with their food and sat down.

China was already there reading a large book.

Skulduggery and Ghastly were still reading their newspapers and Fletcher was chewing a gumball.

They sat there for the rest of the night.

12 Hours Later…

Valkyrie had fallen asleep with her head on Tanith’s lap, Tanith‘s head was drooped onto her chest.

Fletcher was curled up in a tight ball on his chair, Ghastly had his head propped up in his hand and China was asleep on her book.

Only Skulduggery was awake and he had to shake them all awake when their plane was boarding.

“Finally! Off to Hawaii we go!!” Valkyrie said.