Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I sat in the psychiatrist's office. There was no couch to lay back on, just a couple of overstuffed chairs. The psychiatrist looked at me, his face friendly and warm.

"So, Oliver," he began. "Are we trying to help you remember something?"

"There's nothing to remember," I muttered.

"Well, then it doesn't hurt to try, right?" He sat back in his chair. "I'd like to try hypnosis."

A few moments later, the psychiatrist began to speak soothingly to me. "Tell me about the RV."

I spoke almost involuntarily. "Lewis and Nicholas and I would all have sleepovers in it. They still have it."

"Good. Do you remember playing truth or dare?"
"We played it almost every time I spent the night."

"What happened when Lewis dared you?"

My hand twitched. "Nothing."

The psychiatrist sighed. "I believe you may be resistant to this idea, so hypnosis isn't the best solution for you."

"Great. Can I go?"

"One more thing. You said Lewis's parents still have the RV, correct?"
I nodded.

"I'd like to see if you can go back there. Often people with repressed memories can unlock these memories by visiting the place the event took place."

"Nothing happened!"

"Then like I said, it doesn't hurt to try."