Unknown Memory

- A/n -

Miss me?

:)

It's not what you think...

"Life, it can be deceiving."

The video doesn't mean much in the context of the story but I loved the animation and the song was delightful so I hope you like it, as it is not mine. This was just a little spin on things I decided to make on my own so it's sadly not from the original au and again I just felt like adding it.

Why? angst.

You can have your theories all you want but knowing may ultimately, be really pointless because this book is ending with a bang.

>:)

Start the amazing music video as soon as you start reading.

!! Enjoy !!

- A/n end -

// 2010 - 2012 //

A quiet hum and buzz of fireflies and crickets engulfed the surroundings. A man's fingers strung a guitar slowly. A smooth melody echoing around him. Reverberating in the ground almost. 

Two figures lay in the grass upon flowers covered in snow. Some melted from the previous sunny warm afternoon and some resting in lumps on the ground.

The wind was calm, whistles of warmth wrapped around them even though it was the middle of November it filled the air they felt so safe.

'drifting in the fall'

A little boy and his father. 

The little boy looked seven possibly older. The father smiled softly at the child in his lap resting his eyes, breathing peacefully.

It was nice.

The sun was beginning to set. The sky was a orange pretty hue.

He hummed sorrowly as he grazed his fingers from the guitar to his son's hair then back to the strings. His humming grew louder. His skin so warm but the man's hand were cold. 

The Leaf's color was so blank yet looked so beautiful especially in the light. The snow looked so graceful as it fell from the trees. 

He loved his little man. A chuckle escaped his raspy throat.

'little soldier boy'

he was home. It was nice to have a break from the rush and always intoxicating threat of danger. He hadn't worried one bit about his farms or any other creation. He knew where they were.

It was that time of year where he could relax. He and his son.

He would miss this.

The giggles and tickle fights. The hot-coco and movie nights during Winter. 

He closed his eyes tightly. He wanted this moment to last longer. The guitar's rhythm acted as if it was speaking.

The splash of water in his face as they fought in Summer. The feeling of a flower falling from his hair in Spring.

His petit features shined in the light, the boy was resting so quietly he would've almost forgotten the boy was there if he hadn't looked down. Blonde hair swirled around his fingers. He was so glad to be hereafter so many years.

'leaves from the vine'

His son.

'Like empty fallen souls looking for a home'

His little soldier boy.

He sat still. He never had much time with him. He has to change that before it was too late. His fingers strung the guitar more forcefully. The ache in his heart rattled.

 "My little soldier boy, I need you home." A blonde male managed to cry out as the ashes of fire got trapped in his throat. He smiled at the two who held him close. 

His eyes swelled up with tears. He groaned in frustration. 

Dropping the guitar on the grass.

Tears fell on the other's face.

Silence.

"I missed you."

The two looked at each other with sad glints one had a red and flaming passion in his heart and the other one had a flame so little it looked like it was gonna give out.

He couldn't let this happened.

"You winning, son?" The older male grinned and laughed before his shadow faded into ash.

A flame no more.

- A/n -

don't worry I'm not that mean. You'll get another chapter this weekend maybe even two If I'm not tired.

(oh I so am that mean - 2021 me who still hasn't posted the chapter)

No promises on two chapters though.