Just So... Pink

"Text him, text him, text him, text him" begged Ava for the 7th time this week. It's been two weeks since my encounter with Jayce. I mean I kinda want to text him but I have no idea where we stand. Like what if he wants nothing to do with me and he leaves me on delivered or worse on read. I shuddered at the thought. All I can think about is what was he going to say before Regina George came barging in with all her high pitched voice and loud pink, everything.

I wonder if she even knows his middle name. It's Lucas by the way. Or what his biggest fear is. He says he's not afraid of anything to look all big and bad but he's secretly terrified of crabs. Why? I'm 100 percent sure. I just know that every time we would be walking on the beach and there was a crab on the sand he would slightly nudge me the other way discreetly as possible. I would always laugh at him for it because to anyone else just looking at him you wouldn't question for a second that he has no fears. Does she know about his man-crush on Leonardo DiCaprio? What about his favorite color? Most people would think it's black but it's actually pastel purple.

Ugh! I have been doing this for the past two weeks. This needs to stop or I'm going to drive myself insane. Plus why do I even care about their relationship? Why do I care if she knows all these things? I mean it's not a competition. She probably knows all those things and many more. She is his girlfriend. I was just his best friend. And that's all I wanted to be. I just want to make sure she is treating him right.

It may have been years since we have talked in any way but that doesn't mean I don't want him to be happy. If anything I care about his happiness more than mine. That may be unhealthy but who cares. I just hope that she is treating him like the king he deserves to be treated like.

Yeah, the first impression wasn't the greatest but that doesn't mean she's a bad person. Maybe she's like me and doesn't like people, so she's mean to make them never want to come back again.

I don't know but I just have this weird feeling about her. She is literally the opposite of the kind of girl I would have picked out for Jayce. She seems so high maintenance and Jay is nowhere near high maintenance. Unless he has changed a lot over the years, Jay doesn't ask anyone for anything. He always felt like he needed to do and get through everything by himself. Yeah, he didn't have many people in his life growing up but he had me and I tried telling him to let me take some of his burdens as he would mine. Every time he would say okay but nothing ever changed, I know he was just doing it to make me happy. Another example showing how selfless he is.

She's just so.... pink. That's the only way I know how to describe it. She actually looked like she came straight out of the mean girl's movie. Jay is just so dark in so many ways. His clothes. His look. His personality. That stare that is so strong and dark it feels like your whole body is on fire. Yeah, that was a new one. But it is so true.

The way he was looking at me that day at the ice cream shop made me feel so many different things. To any average person, his stare would have seemed cold and menacing. And at first, it did to me too but after I caught him the first time looking at me with that same soft expression he used to use only towards me 5 years ago the cold look just didn't feel the same. The look made every inch of my body heat up. Why? I'm still not one hundred percent sure yet.

Ugh! I missed him so much and it took me, accidentally running into him to show me truly how much. Now that I know he is still here and is so close I miss him ten times more. I need to talk to him again and hear his voice again.

"Okay, yeah um I'm ready. I'm going to text him." I said while leaning up from the couch and grabbing my phone off the coffee table mainly covered in plants and a smoking bowl. Yeah, I'm a little high but when am I not. An ear-piercing scream that I know all to well sounded through the entire living room.