𝑊𝑜𝑎ℎ

y/n pov:

I can't believe it, I'm finally here, California. I picked up a box and walked up to my new room. I unpacked my glove, bat, and a bunch of baseballs, some even sighed by my grandpa, George "Babe" Ruth. I have one ball in a special glass case that's signed by his whole team. No, I've never met him before but he knew that one day this was going to get passed to his grandchild, and it did.

As I set up my room and had finally finished, I decided I was going to change and walk around to see if possibly I could find a baseball field. I did play softball back in New York, but I much preferred baseball, mostly because guys see a big difference and I like showing them up. I finally changed into some high waisted jean, a black tank top, black pf flyers and a open buttoned Babe Ruth jersey.

I grabbed my glove and bolted downstairs, putting on my New York Yankees hat on the way

I grabbed my glove and bolted downstairs, putting on my New York Yankees hat on the way. "DAD! I'M GOING TO LOOK AROUND! I'LL BE HOME BEFORE DARK!" I shouted. "ALRIGHT CHAMP BE SAFE! LOVE YOU!" My dad shouted back. I yelled a quick 'love you!' as I ran out the door. As I left I saw a boy around my age but I think a little younger leave his house that was right across from mine. As an attempt to make friends I ran over to him with a smile.

"Hi! I'm y/n Ruth, I just moved in and seeming as you moved in too, I was wondering if you wanted to explore with me, I'm trying to find a baseball field." I greeted. The boy look up at me and smiled brightly. "I'm Scotty Smalls. I would love to explore with you, let me grab my glove!" He said. I nodded as he ran inside.

He came back a few minutes later and we took of walking. In order to break the tension I blurted out a random question. "Who's your favorite baseball player?" Smalls thought for a second before shrugging. "I'm not too into baseball but my dad likes it so I think it'll be fun to learn." He confessed.

"I could teach you if you want! It would be s-" I was cut of by a loud crack of a baseball hitting a bat. Me and Scotty both looked at each other before running in the direction it came from. Soon we came across a old baseball diamond, as eight boys were playing a game. Me and Scotty watched as they played for a few minutes before a ball came soaring through the air straight towards Scotty.

"Catch it Scotty!!" I yelled. He raised his glove and ran backwards but tripped over his foot and fell causing all but one of they boys to start laughing. I helped up Scotty and he ran off to get the ball. He came back to me and tried handing the ball to me.

"Throw it Scotty! Show me what you got!" I encouraged. He took a deep breath and got in a throwing stance that was all wrong. He threw the ball but it only landed a few feet in front of him as the boys except the same one fell to the ground laughing. I watched as Scotty ran off from embarrassment and glared daggers at the boys.

Benny pov:

The unknown girl glared at us all before running to grab the ball. "CATCH THIS DOOFUS!!" She yelled, throwing the ball all the way from way outfield to Ham, who was all the way at home plate as catcher. Everyone stopped laughing when the ball hit him in the chest and caused him to fall from his knees to his back. I watched the y/h/c haired girl run of to find the other boy.