Episode 14: Is This Revenge Or Justification?

(The next day, a loud crash shakes the ground and wakes everyone up. They go to see what is going on only to see Zellos and his sisters standing in the center of their site.)

Trey: What are you doing here...?
Zellos: ...I offer refuge.
Trey: Is that right?
Zellos: As insisted by Hana, yes.
Trey: And who is-?
Zellos: Let's go.
Alma: This is weird isn't it?
Raine: What?
Alma: Zellos didn't attack him on sight like usual.
Zellos: I said let's go. The humans will come back eventually. It's either our place or here.
Alma: Pushy.
Trey: Yeah he is.
Lilith: Can we please just go?
Trey: Alright, alright.

(They go for a long walk as using mach speed would alert the humans of their presence. After a few hours of walking, they arrive at a large house outside city limits with no other housing around. They are greeted by a girl with short red hair and forest green eyes. Her birthmark looks like eye liner around both eyes. She has a fit build and is about 5'5.)

Hana: Hello!
Raven: Good morning, Hana.
Trey: This huge house is where you live??
Zellos: Stupid question.
Lilith: Yes, it is. Not known by the city of Tucson and we make efforts to keep it private. We will be safe here.

(As they all start to head inside, Raven and Lilith take off the clothes covering their faces. Raven has long, raven black hair and raven black eyes. She stands at 5 ft with an athletic build. Lilith's appearance looks like a female version of Zellos, as she is his twin. Except her height is at 5'6. Neither of their birthmarks can be seen.)

Alma: So that's what you look like.
Raven: Yeah, got a problem?
Alma: Not yet.
Lilith: Wait, isn't this one a human?
Trey: Yeah, so?
Raven: Well due to what just happened involving humans-
Raine: There's no way I'm separating from my sister!
Raven: But she's human...You saw what they did to people like us yesterday.
Nuvia: Let her stay. She isn't like those other humans.

(They turn to see Nuvia covered in blood walking out of a bedroom.)

Raine: Nuvia, why are you...?
Nuvia: I'm not here to cause trouble. In fact, I wanted to ask for help since they told me they were looking for you all as well.
Raine: And the blood?
Nuvia: Eye for an eye, Raine.
Lilith: We found her an hour before we found you.
Trey: How did you find us?
Raven: Oh, that was me.
Trey: I asked how not who.
Nuvia: Raine, I have big news.
Trey: Hey I asked a-!
Nuvia: I'm sure you all know that they've completely turned on us. Even the ones who do the work we used to do, Raine. But even worse, we've been replaced.
Raine: In what way? Humans killing us because that's not big news.
Nuvia: No. And I'm personally disgusted by it...They made...test tube versions of us. More specifically, of the parasites we harbor.
Trey: They've what!?
Raine: Are you serious?
Micheal: That definitely isn't good.
Zellos: ...Oh no.
Nuvia: One that's semi-dormant that allows them access to the powers, but have full control of the parasite itself as well.

(The room begins to heat up until it is sweltering.)

Trey: Fakes? Of us!? Talk about adding insult to injury!!

(Suddenly a cool rush balances the temperature of the room. Trey notices that Raine is the one to do so and calms back down.)

Nuvia: I'm just as pissed. And I want to take them out.
Trey: Count me in!
Micheal: Just a thought. It's easy to imagine how we feel about these events. We want to justify whatever we do based on their actions. So I believe we must think on the same mental playing field as them. They believe we are freaks, monsters, and beasts. They fear and hate us because we were born with a parasite that gives us powers they've only dreamed of. A lot of them fear us taking over. Some hate us because that has become the societal norm. Bandwagoning, if you will. And there are those few that may have had bad experiences with our race-.
Trey: What is your point, Micheal?
Micheal: My point? I want to make sure our goal is very clear and fair to those, even if they are human, who do not either take action against us, have any real opinion, or may even root for us. We must keep in mind that not every human is bad. Alma is an example of that. We can't attack any human on sight because of how we feel.
Trey: That's a problem.
Alma: Why?
Trey: I would more accept that if this were still the normal discrimination we were up against, but a lot of blood has been spilled. We cannot afford to hesitate to see whether they like us or not.
Micheal: I understand. But the thing is, if we kill indiscriminately, we will be viewed much worse than now and further justify their cause. They don't see their actions as wrong. Most of the human race has hopped onboard with mass genocide for patriotism of the human race. And those who are neutral or better are the minority that's too afraid to speak up. Remember, all those who support us are killed on the spot.
Trey: You want us to sympathize with humans?
Micheal: Listen to yourself, Trey. Who do you sound like?