Episode 16: First Attempt Part 2

(Suddenly Nuvia and Raine are violently knocked away from Hoffman. They manage to catch their balance and get into a fighting stance.)

Raine: Finally revealing these emeratz?
Hoffman: No, these aren't "emeratz".

(The people who knocked back Raine and Nuvia soon make their appearance.)

Hoffman: This is the latest in technology to combat you creatures. Oh, or should I call you amalgrams?
Nuvia: What kind of new tech?
Hoffman: Mach suits. Taking absolute precautions for speed, of course, it allows the wearer to move at mach 60. Twice that of your speed based..."amalgram".
Trey: Now these upgrades are getting annoying! First guns and now suits!?
Hoffman: Right! The guns! They're real beauts right? The police have just the first couple generations of them. The military of course, has what's newest. Even say...an mrpg.
Trey: M.R.P.G? M...mach rpg??

(A person in a mach suit perches himself on top of a nearby building.)

Hoffman: You've got it "dude". And here's the best part, it moves at mach 10.
Trey: Whatever, I'll just blow it u-.

(Another in a mach suit appears behind Trey and puts him in a full nelson.)

Trey: Would you please be so kind as to get off me?
??: Uh, no?
Trey: Get off me you wretched thing!
Avacyn: Don't worry Trey, I'll get him off.
?: No, you won't.

(Avacyn is quickly swooped away by another mach suited person.)

Hoffman: Fire on him already!
Trey: You idiot, you'll die too!
??: *Sarcastically* Really?

(The person fires the mrpg. The explosion covers an entire block and flames consume the area.)

Raine: Trey!
Nuvia: Look, the flames!

(The flames are steadily being absorbed.)

Raine: Good, I thought he- *gasp!*

(The one absorbing the flames is the person who held Trey. A black body laid next to him that just crumbles away.)

Raine: No...
Nuvia: Maintain focus, Raine.
??: Did you fools think he would survive that? Sure, maybe the fire wouldn't kill him, but the concussive force? Not on his life! Oh, wait. Hahahahaha
Raine: No way...
??: Yes way-
Raine: No waaayy!!!

(Her birthmark turns into two streams on her cheek, then proceeds to turn into strips of rhombuses. Her eyes turn cyan as well.)

Hoffman: Oho? A tantrum?
Raine: I'll...I'll...freeze you to death!

(Her hair then turns into a bluish white. A small area around her becomes cold and the ground starts to freeze.)

Nuvia: Ice? Since when?
Raine: Elemental body!
?: It's getting too dangerous here, Sir.
Hoffman: Now now, I'd rather not run. Not from these children. I'm actually interested in how this will go.
?: But Sir-.
Hoffman: Shut your mouth.
?: Yes Sir...

(Raine's area of effect then expands out to a mile, freezing anything except people within the area.)

Hoffman: Ah, our clothes. Can't move now huh?

(All of the ice shatters into large shards and surrounds Hoffman and his lackey.)

?: Nowhere to run now Sir.
Hoffman: Mhm.
Raine: Ice prison!

(Every shard of ice flies towards Hoffman, but before the shards reach him, dense flames consume the area around Hoffman, melting the ice. The mach suited person walks up to Raine.)

Raine: What the-.
??: Nope. You aren't freezing anyone.
Raine: Wait, you used the flame?
Hoffman: Oh, yea, uh...I lied by the way.
Raine: About?
Hoffman: One of them is an emeratz.
Nuvia: Get away from her!

(Nuvia runs towards the emeratz. He waves his hand and a burst of flame blasts her back into a building.)

Raine: Hey!!!

(The emeratz grips her neck tightly. She tries to resist but his grip is too strong.)

??: Shhh sh sh sh sh shhhh.

(He holds up his other hand and ignites it.)

??: I'm gonna shove this down your throat, ok? And then I'm going to incinerate you from the inside out, cool?

(Raine tries to resist harder but it's futile. When she tries to freeze him, he releases enough body heat to melt her ice.)

??: Now now, is this any different from what you used to do not so long ago?

(He starts to move his hand over to her mouth.)

Raine: S-top i-it!
??: Nah nah nah nah.

(His hand then stops. Curious, he looks at his arm and sees that a black hand has stopped him. He follows it along its arm to see someone standing behind him.)

??: Another friend, eh? I was wondering when the rest-.
Trey: You mean you don't recognize my face?
??: What!?
Raine: Trey??
Hoffman: Oh?
??: But, you died! Your body!
Trey: You arrogant punk...forced me to use my darkness powers.

(Trey releases Raine from the emeratz's grip. He then knees the emeratz in the gut, uppercuts him, then takes a deep inhale.)

Trey: Dragon Fire!!!

(Trey blasts the emeratz with a heavy stream of flame, sweeping the guy back a few dozen feet and engulfs him in flame.)

Raine: *Coughing* How? We saw your body.
Trey: Oh? Did you check my body thoroughly?
Raine: It turned to ash!
Trey: Ahhh, so no proof.
Raine: Just tell me! I was disheartened you know...
Trey: Haha, I consider it to be very clever. Though I had to rely on my darkness powers. To take the impact, I coated myself in armor of darkness, as you can see. Still hurt, but my darkness is as hard as titanium if I can focus. Then I used a clone of darkness to substitute my place and successfully fooled our enemy. I'm a genius.
Raine: *Exasperated* Oh man, my head.
Trey: After I pummel this fake, why don't you tell me why your hair is white.
Raine: Fine...over another date.
Trey: We will talk about that.
??: So, that's how...

(The emeratz begins to consume the flames that engulf him.)

Trey: So, you're a simple fire elemental.
??: By your terms, yes.
Trey: Tch, weak. Hoffman, somethin I, well we, want to know. And answer this before I kill your puny subordinate.
Hoffman: Shoot.
Trey: How did you manage to get this law passed so soon? I heard no news about it. Nothing from hear say either.
Hoffman: You watch the news? That's surprising. Well, beat him and we can talk. Because even if you beat him, you won't beat me. And I have as much time to talk as I want.
??: That's my cue. It's best you don't underestimate me.

(The emeratz activates his A.O.E. and it covers 2 miles.)

Raine: His range is incredible. I think we both should-.
Trey: Nah, I got this.
Raine: Trey, this isn't the time!
Trey: Yes, it is. I noticed something during this confrontation. Just sit back, don't jump into their coordination.
Nuvia: Zellos, now!

(Nuvia releases her A.O.E. and increases gravity by 10 within 500 ft. Pinning the three people in mach suits for the moment. Zellos suddenly appears in a gust of wind similar to what Raven does and strikes from above with half moon. The blade bends around Hoffman and busts the ground around him.)

Zellos: Trey seems to be onto something after all. I thought he was just being lazy...

(Zellos is backed off by the other humans in mach suits.)

Nuvia: They resisted my gravitational hold?
Trey: Our plan was derailed when I saw what our powers do around him. So, I will handle this emeratz.
??: Ok...now is my cue. I, Sokka Brimstone, will happily cremate you all. Get ready kids, you've never fought fire like this before.

To Be Continued…