Chapter 7.

*Shorter chapter than the others, just kind of a filler to get to the next part! I know this is Dreams POV but I'll be adding a couple of Tommy POV's to progress the story and at the end a Sapnap POV which you'll find out why eventually* :)

"Eyyy, my guy Fundy." I jeered menacingly, opening my arms out towards him as I blinked the tears back. He headed towards me while his hands trembled, eyes darting over the splatters of blood that surrounded the room. "What can I do for you darling?" I murmured softly into his ear once he reached me, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his shoulders so that my voice was right next to his ear. He seemed to melt at my touch, moving his hands up to put them around my neck before suddenly stopping and snapping back to the reason he was here. His palms pressed against my chest while pushing me away slowly.

"What have you done Dream..." His voice merely a whisper.

"Nothing for your concern." He was avoiding my gaze as my eyes glinted, wickedly.

"Niki came to me." A slight nervousness overcame me, but I quickly composed myself and let my confident act continue.

"Ah, how nice of her." Sarcasm laced the words.

"Why did you do that Dream?"

"Do what Fundy?" I chuckled, toying with him.

"You know what I'm talking about," his hands still slightly shook as he fiddled with the cuffs on his sleeves. I stayed silent, a que for him to say what he didn't want to say. "Why did you do that to Eret? Y-You killed him. Please tell me you had a valid reason, and I can forgive you, we all can." His unsteady words made me intake a sharp breath

I can forgive you, we all can.

"I'm king now," I beamed "we can do whatever we want." I avoided his questions.

"That was your reason to hurt him? To make yourself king. You could've done that without hurting anyone. No violence was needed." His voice slightly raised but not in anger, rather disappointment.

"Don't you get it? This is it. I have everything but L'manburg and soon I'll get that too." A chuckle escaped from deep within my throat, scaring me slightly.

"Dream what do you mean soon you'll get that?"

"Geor... Fundy. Listen. I'll take care of you I promise but you've got to promise me you'll make sacrifices for me too. Like your friends." He ignored my mistake.

"I can't do that for you because this is wrong. No one understands what you're doing this for."

"I was doing this for him." I whispered to myself, hanging my head in shame. 

"For who Dream?" He questioned me slightly aggressively.

"Fundy come on now."

"For who?" His voice raising again to a small shout. It was beginning to annoy me, all the questions and the fact all I could think about was George.

"You're a fool Fundy. Time to finish this little game. Time for checkmate." I sighed happily, taking his hand into mine and softly pecking the back of it after I lifted my mask just enough for half of my face to appear. I brushed my thumb along his cold knuckles. "To think I could ever love you." My other arm snaked around the back of his waist once more, gripping him threateningly. He shuddered as his breath became heavy. "To think I could be with someone like you." My arm pulled him closer to me, closing the distance until our noses touched. He closed his eyes, unsure of why my touch was so loving but my words so spiteful. "To commit to you forever... fucking disgusts me."

I spoke my words through clenched teeth and he snapped into reality, eyes prickling with salty tears as he attempted to back away, trying to free himself from my grasp. Small pleads to release him and soft refusals escaped his lips. "Turn and walk away Fundy, before I break every bone in your body and leave you here to die." I held onto him tightly still despite the threat, my body begging him to stay and realise this wasn't me. I was being too harsh, but I couldn't stop myself. I could see the pain in the distorted expression he held on his face, as if he was holding back screams of horror. I knew I was pushing it and he was close to letting it all go and breaking right in front of me.

I caressed his cheek softly wiping away tears, that he didn't have the strength to hold back, with my thumb. "What did you expect Fundy? Your father resented you because you betrayed him, you drove him crazy and it killed him. Your friends ignore you during meetings like you're just a fucking background character." My laugh carried through the room; I didn't recognise my own voice, but it just wouldn't stop. "You're alone. I killed Eret. Your fiancé killed your only remaining family member, if he could be considered even close to that." I cupped his face with my other hand, his eyes squeezed shut as if it would block out my cruel words.

Closing the last bit of distance between us I kissed him harshly, deeply and even lingered for a moment before stepping back and shoving my hands into my pocket. It left a bad taste on my tongue, the taste of false love. "Run Fundy." I hummed quietly.

His eyes fluttered open, looking around the room for an escape before turning back to me and taking in every inch of my body, like it would be the last time he saw it. I knew he loved me. He really loved me. "Run." I screamed at the top of my lungs, pointing my finger towards the exit behind him. I continued screaming until my lungs felt like they were going to implode, and Fundy scrambled for the door, whimpers and cries releasing as he lost control. He stopped right at the last second, turning to me while trembling all over.

"I-I love you Dream..." He managed to form the words despite them being raspy and choked up. I could see it on his face it was rough.

"Run Fundy."

He ran.

Thoughts of George ran around my head.

It's a curse and it's growing.

I tried to swerve my mind from him but it all came back to the way he smiled, the soft smell of cologne that coated his clothes and lingered after hugs, the softness of his skin against my lips, the gleam in his eyes when I held him.

All of my emotions feel like explosions when you are around and I found a way to kill the sound.

We didn't have to pretend anymore, but I had pushed and pushed him to the point I no longer had him. I had no one. My brain fumbled to find someone to blame other than myself.

Oh baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you. I need you here to stay. I broke all my bones that day I found you, crying at the lake.

I blamed him. How badly had I truly wronged him? Surely, he was overreacting.

I was replacing my guilt with accusations.

Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden? Oh, and if I could take it all back, I swear that I would pull you from the tide.

I couldn't take it back anymore. What I had done was done. What I had said was said. I had to keep going.

I didn't blame him. I blamed Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy, Wilbur, Schlatt, Quackity, Niki, Phil. I blamed them all. I blamed Sapnap... Everyone I had ever interreacted with except George, was now at fault for my overwhelming hurt. 

He will love me again when I have everything.

You're right, he will.

I promise Dream.

Trust me Dream.

I trust you Nightmare.