Chapter Two: Fire and Ice

Phew! I'm back with another chapter. It's going to take me a while to get the next one. My upload schedule is all over the place because of school. Senior year is plain awful. :( I take the ACT (a 5-hour long test that used to be needed to get into colleges) tomorrow, so that's going to take a while. After that, hopefully, I can relax and find more time to write. I'm glad that got this chapter done and I will try to work on the next one as soon as possible. I'm in a good mood today, mostly because four trailers for Marvel shows dropped yesterday. AHHH!! I'm so excited for Loki and WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Marvel's What If!!! I wish that I had Disney+ but my dad says that he won't get it. Maybe if I find a boyfriend in college next year, maybe he'll have Disney+ so that I can watch the shows together with him. So far, though, I'm very single, and finding a boyfriend is a huge if. But, What If...

Chapter Two: Fire and Ice

The explosion ripped through Asgard, tearing apart buildings, rocks, and the whole landscape. Within seconds, all of Asgard was blasted apart, leaving nothing but chunks of various objects and dust. The desolation of Asgard sent a shockwave throughout Yggdrasil, disrupting the balance that had lasted for countless millennia. The explosion took Surtur with it, the fire demon erupted into a shower of fiery goo that quickly evaporated.

Amid the wreckage, floating unconscious in space was Loki. His cape billowed out underneath him, his body still somehow intact. He had been thrown out by the shockwave and stopped quite some distance from where Asgard used to stand. His hair and clothes were singed and his hand was still burnt from when he had touched the wall, but he was relatively uninjured. The Commodore floated next to him, also somehow surviving the explosion with only a few scratches and dents. The Grandmaster would have freaked to see the paint ruined but frankly, nobody else cared.

The silence of the void was almost too sweet compared to the turmoil that had just happened. Loki floated unaware of the ruin around him, unaware that he managed to survive another deadly obstacle that was thrown his way. Unknownst to him, the last-minute decision he had made in Odin's Vault allowed him to withstand the fiery desolation.

The Tesseract, tucked away in Loki's dimensional pocket, interacted with his sedir, pulling him through a small portal mere seconds before Asgard exploded. He was pushed through the other end once the shockwave passed. He lay there for a while. Loki's sedir kept him alive and stopped his lungs from rupturing, even though there was no air to breathe. His Frost Giant heritage also contributed to him surviving without freezing. Most people, who were out in the cosmos unprotected, usually froze to death if they did not die from lack of oxygen first. Yet, Loki managed to hold in the vacuum of space.

A bright blue light slowly illuminated near Loki and the Commodore, growing in size until it completely engulfed the two. Seconds later, they disappeared.

/\/\/\/\/\

Loki woke up to a coughing fit. It hurt to breathe and his mouth tastes strange. His hand stung from where it was burned and his eyes felt like they were on fire. Loki struggled to a sitting position, his body protesting at the sudden movement. Loki opened his eyes, only to find out that his vision was blurry and slightly dark.

Loki rubbed his eyes and groaned as pain blossomed behind his eyes. Tears of pain rolled down his cheeks. It wasn't as bad as when he fell into the Void - he had been blind for a couple of days when he landed in Thanos's Sanctuary, but the blindness was still unsettling when he was so used to seeing.

His lungs burned at the sudden increase of oxygen. He had already breathed in too much smoke from earlier and the combination of the oxygen and smoke was extremely hard to breathe through.