Chapter Three: Reunited, But at What Cost?

I finally uploaded again! Yay! If you have previously read this story before I rewrote it, this chapter is based on the one-shot that I originally planned to have this story be. I just added and changed a few things because I wanted to be more descriptive. Enjoy! :)

Chapter Three: Reunited, But at What Cost?

Asgard was gone. He couldn't believe it. His home, the place he grew up, was destroyed - all because of a sister he didn't know existed.

Hela appeared out of nowhere and ruined his life. Part of him wanted to blame his father for Hela's mess and for keeping such an important issue secret. Odin tended to keep secrets from his children, many of which had ended up ruining several relationships and lives.

Looking back, he realized that Odin probably wasn't the best father. Growing up, he had looked up to his father - admiring and wishing to be just like the late All-Father. Now, he wasn't so sure, especially since Odin had messed up so badly with Loki, and now with Hela - the sister that Thor never knew existed.

Sighing, Thor stared at himself in the mirror. He ran a hand through his short hair, still trying to process the events of the last week. Was it really just a week? A week of happily discovering that his brother was alive to suddenly losing his childhood home because of a long-lost sister who desired the throne.

Why did his siblings always have a lust for the throne? It seemed to be a trend with his siblings, with dark hair and a preference for black, green, and murder.

Never before had Thor felt so alone and confused until now. He felt betrayed and angry, frustrated at all the lies that his father made him believe. Odin's lies resulted in thousands of people dying on Midgard, the Warriors Three being murdered, countless Asgardians slaughtered, and the destruction of Asgard itself. Thor was, quite frankly, done with it.

He needed a break. Touching the eyepatch on his ruined eye, Thor realized that he looked just like his father. Blue eyes, golden hair, an eyepatch - the resemblance was almost uncanny. There was no mistaking that Thor was the son of Odin and Frigga, but to believe that Hela was somehow the daughter of Odin made no sense. If anything, Hela was almost a spitting image of Loki. Both of them were fairly tall, slender, and pale. They both had dark hair and green eyes, although Thor noticed that Hela's eyes had more gray in them compared to Loki's pure green. They both had the same air around them, overly-confident but lacking something hidden yet important.

Picking up a bottle of some alcoholic beverage, Thor twisted the bottle stopper out of the glass opening. A drink would help him focus, or maybe just make him forget about all his problems.

Thor filled up a crystal clear glass with the liquid and slowly took a sip, relishing the bitter taste on his tongue, not even bothered by the burning sensation as the alcohol slid down his throat. He was too numb to even be bothered by something as trivial as alcohol.

Thor caught his reflection in the mirror, a lone, sad eye staring back at him. He looked like a mess. Maybe it was his eye adjusting to working alone instead of using two or maybe it was the pure exhaustion written all over his face. So many drastic changes had happened to him in the past week and it finally started to show.

From his short hair that he thought Loki would have teased him about to his hammer that he sorely missed, everything was just so different and it hurt. The thought of his brother made Thor wonder what happened to Loki. Of course, Thor had long ago given up on hoping that Loki would come back, even if a part of him still clung to hope that they would be reunited as brothers again. He wished that he could go back and take back what he said in the elevator on Sakaar. He didn't want Loki to leave his side; he wanted them to be happy together again, although Thor knew that it was futile to think such useless wishes.