| 1 |

People tend to think they know themselves. But truth is, we're constantly learning every inch of us throughout our lives. And when we realise it, we're someone completely different once we let our true, inner emotions come out and speak for us.

***

"Noah, I swear to god, if you don't hurry up soon.." Richelle yelled facing the stairs.

"I'm coming!" Noah yells back.

The blonde sighed. She had been waiting for her best friend to get ready for ages, and it was, in all honestly, frustrating. Not that she wasn't used to it already, but she had a very important test that day and wasn't planning on arriving late for school.

"You have been saying that for the past ten minutes Noah, you're always like this it's unbelievable. It doesn't matter how many times Jacquie and I set your alarm, you'll always snooze it and sleep in." She kept on complaining as she paced around the living room, anxiously.

"Jacquie!" Noah exclaimed, remembering he had planned on meeting up with her before school the previous night.

"What about Jacquie?" His best friend questioned, confused.

"Shit shit shit" Noah mumbled countlessly as he ran down the stairs, putting his jacket on.

"Mister may you watch your language, please?" She joked watching him run around the room desperate, as if he had lost his mind. He truly had indeed.

"I forgot I had planned on meeting her before class, and now it's too late, classes start in ten which is the time we take to get there by foot." He explained as he prepared something to eat.

Richelle giggled, finding the whole scenario hilarious "You're telling me you stood your girlfriend up?" She laughed even harder.

"Don't laugh Richelle, I'm in big trouble"

"Considering we're talking about Jacquie, hell yeah you are bro"

"Thanks a lot" Noah said with sarcasm in his voice.

"Shut up I'm just being realistic"

Suddenly, a familiar ring is heard. The two of them turn their heads to look at Noah's phone, which was placed over the table next to the sink. Noah ran over to it, a panicked expression all over his face as he read 'babe 💘' on the screen.

"What do I do??" He whispered.

"Answer the call idiot"

"Only if you tell me it's impossible to be killed through the phone"

Richelle rolled her eyes, grabbing his phone out of his hand before answering the call.

"Hi Jacqueline it's Richelle"

"Stop calling me Jacque- wait Richelle?" Jacquie cut herself off, surprised her boyfriend wasn't the one answering her call.

"Good morning to you as well" She joked ironically.

"Yeah good morning"

"Now that's better" She took a glance at Noah, waiting for Jacquie to start screaming about how Noah forgot about her.

"Good. Anyways I just wanted to tell Noah I'm a bit late so we can't meet up before class today, maybe later. Where are you guys though?"

Richelle bursts out laughing.

The way Noah got all freaked out over being late when in reality Jacquie too was late was comic. His reaction had been priceless, therefore it very certainly had been worth it.