| 2 |

It was around half past three in the afternoon when Richelle got to the studio, alongside her friend Amy. They had gotten earlier than everyone else because Amy wanted to help a few J-Troupers with acro, whereas Richelle thought she could use sometime to practise the semi-finals routine - being on the front row next to both Noah and Jacquie required some extra effort. Being on the front row meant she had to be an example to the others, practically flawless.

Amy helping J-Troupe hadn't been a request from Miss Chloe, she had volunteered herself to do something productive, and to get to know the future of the studio better.

"Richelle" Amy spoke up, getting her friend to turn her head at her "Do you think my thighs are thicker than before? I don't know it feels weird"

"No" Richelle replied with a very soft chuckle and a slight shrug.

Amy didn't say anything else, and nor did she need to once Richelle started speaking about the female solo auditions.

"I can't wait to perform my audition solo, I truly hope Michelle and Emily pick me" She sighs "At Regionals I barely got featured in any dances, I really don't want that to happen again."

"Honestly I think you have pretty good chances, you're like the best dancer in A-Troupe"

"Well yeah I'm good but so are the others- wait who's auditioning though?"

"You, me, Jacquie..." Amy starts.

"No, yeah I know that, but is anyone else auditioning apart from us?"

"Uhh possibly Maya and Lola"

"Lola's auditioning too? I didn't know" Richelle confesses.

"Yeah" Amy mumbled.

"Well both of them are new to the team, but they're pretty good. I mean Lola might have better chances considering she came from this well known british academy. I'm pretty sure we have been up against them at Internationals, wasn't it Ella's team?"

"I have no idea, I only joined after TNS won Internationals so I wouldn't know."

"Oh yeah I forgot"

"But I remember A-Troupe competing against England. Twice."

"Yes exactly"

"Anyways, as we were talking before, I think it's a bit obvious you're getting picked for the female solo"

"Amy, we don't know that, I mean yes I'm a good dancer but then again, so are the others. Even Jacquie, as much as I hate to admit it..." Richelle and Jacquie's friendship was extremely competitive, in which they barely ever admitted how much they truly loved and cared for each other. The typical hate-love friendship.

"Richelle, the whole studio looks up to you. You and Noah. Just like they looked up to Eldon and his pirouettes. From J-Troupers to B-Troupers, and even A-Troupers. Just be more confident."

Richelle had lost most of her confidence after Summer outshined her in every aspect while she was still a part of A-Troupe. Thankfully, this season she hadn't made it, and so became a part of B-Troupe. Ever since, the both of them would barely see each other - Richelle was always busy with rehearsals, and A-Troupe and B-Troupe rehearsed in opposite sides of the studio, A-Troupe in the west, B-Troupe in the east.

However, Richelle became less confident in her dancing, and didn't believe in herself as much. She worked harder than before which somehow reassured her and gave her a sense of control. And although it left her exhausted, this time it had been worth it - she finally got the recognition she deserved.

Both Noah and Richelle were the most admired dancers in the studio, which was a great feeling in their opinion.

"Aw Amy, I love you" Richelle planted a kiss on her friend's cheek, as a way of showing her gratitude. Amy's words made her realise how she shouldn't doubt herself, and how important she was to the studio, and specially A-Troupe.