Chapter 5

'I can't sleep'

'Well, I haven't slept in a while'

Lagravis was lying in his bed. It was around 3 am. It wasn't unusual for him to be awake at this time, he has had insomnia for as long as he can remember, caused by things he doesn't want to be reminded of. But it was very unusual for him to stay awake for many days. He knew that his brother and his tribe were worried for him, but he just couldn't close his eyes and fall asleep. Every time he tried, he just saw his son being taken away from him by a mysterious person.

He couldn't stop thinking about his son.

Where was he?

What had happened to him?

Was he even ali-

Lagravis didn't want to think about that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lab was cold.

And dark.

Just the type you wouldn't want to set your foot in to.

Tables were full of syringes, knives and all the "fun stuff".

There we're 3 people in the room, all wearing white lab coats.

On an examination table was a little lion cub, who was crying. Very. Very. Loudly.

"OH C'MON WILL HE EVER STOP CRYING!!!" One person in the room yelled.
As if the cub understood, he cried even louder.

"IF THAT THING DOESN'T STOP WAILING I'M GOING TO STUFF HIS MOUTH WITH RAGS!" Other one yelled.

"Shut up idiots, you know that if you would actually do that, he might die. And you know that we can't lose him, he will be our perfect weapon. Plus you know who would kill you if he'd find out who did it." Third one calmly said.

The first one rolled his eyes "Fine then, but if I have to listen to that any longer, I'm going to lose my mind" he answered.

"Whatever, you're crazy already" the third one answered, before diving back into work. They had a lot of it to do before their 'project' was done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The castle was quiet. As always.

There was an animal sitting on a throne, using one arm to prop himself up.

He looked like a mix of a lion and a demon. Big red wings, fangs that stuck out of his mouth, sharp claws, and black horns sticking out of his red mane.

He was wearing a dark violet cape, a shirt that had purple and black on it, purple/magenta colored armor with a little bit of silver on where you put the chi, black pants,  silver knee-pads with red gems on them and a silver belt. Then a silver crown with two dark red gems.

"How's the project going?" He asked

"It's going great Sir, we are very close to finding a solution"

"Great, inform me of any progress"

"Of course Sir" the scientist bowed in front of his king and left.

"Oh Lagravis, you won't see this one coming before it's too late. And when that time comes, I will make sure that you know how much you messed up." The king smiled eyes closed, thinking of his enemy's reaction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! So sorry about my lack of writing, haven't had any motivation or ideas for new chapters. But I'm back now :D (and I will probably disappear for a few months again, heh) And also, this book has 2,04 READS, LIKE. WHAT!? THANKS GUYS, LOVE YOU <3 And hey, comment if you have a theory about what the project could be, Im interested in what you guys think. Well aaanywayyy thanks for reading, and have a great day!!!