Chapter 9

I don't dream when I wake up but I can't hear or see anything all of my senses are cut off. I faintly remember someone carrying me "Where am I?!" I yell as I try to break free of the shackles I can not feel. Then suddenly I can see and hear everything, I gasp then growl at what I smell and see, vampires, the recking bloodsuckers kidnapped me. I will not show fear for I am not afraid, instead, I raise my head higher. "Ah, a feisty one," the man in the middle says with a dramatic sigh. I am furious, I growl at him "Pain," I hear someone whisper off to the side. Is it supposed to be my pain? I hear a hiss of frustration, besides myself, I laugh a little. "Well this will be interesting," I hear someone say before everything goes black.

It feels like I have been in the dark forever I wake up to a man laughing. "She is finally awake!" another man says in mock surprise. I don't remember much because they wouldn't let me see much. When they do though I smell the crisp pine and immediately know where I am, Washington. I start to fit before I feel a sharp pain and then feel the burn and the fire. I don't scream because screaming is a weakness. I look straight ahead and look directly into the eyes of my mate, my imprint. He looks back into my eyes and whimpers. I get one last look before my senses are cut off again.

I wake up when they are leaving, the man kicks me into the snow before he leaves. I lay on the ground and find comfort in the cold. I don't know how but I shift and find myself as a wolf again. "Hello?" I say inside my head to see if I am still connected to the pack "Maggy," I hear Embry say inside his head. I look over to him and start to sprint, Embry meets me in the middle and we run into each other. We both shift back and are back in each other's arms once more.