Chapter 15

Alice sat in her study doing paperwork with Alois when Claude walks in with a letter.

"ugh" Alois crosses his arms "whenever Claude comes in with a stupid letter you always go off"

"I'm the queen's spider, I have a job to do Alois" Alice takes the letter "I'm called Arachne by the underworld you know"

"What are you doing now?" Alois questions "going to work with Ciel Phantomhive again?"

"Hm?" Alice looks at him curiously "I've only gone on a mission with him once before"

"actually.." Alois looks at her "you don't remember but you've gone on multiple missions with him"

"what?!" Alice stands up and slams her hands on the table "I've gone on missions with Lord Phantomhive" Alice squeals "I can't believe I don't remember something so amazingly perfect and fantastic"

"you're speaking nonsense again Alice" Alois smirks "though I understand, Ciel Phandomhive is absolutely wonderful"

"It's a shame I don't remember" Alice sits back in her chair "I doubt he'd even remember such trivial events"

"I've heard he's lost his memory as well" Alois says "it's quite strange"

"hm.. perhaps" Alice shrugs "now this letter" she opens the envelope and reads the letter "it's just a solo mission" she stands up "i shall be back late tonight"

"aw" Alois complains

"come on you know well my dear brother" Alice smirks "assassinations are done best in the dark of the night"

Alois smiles "have fun"

-

A young girl walks around in the dark, all around her was unfamiliar streets and roads. A light flickered nearby and a man stood by watching her. She turns the corned and bumps into somebody.

"ouchie" the young girl whines as she falls to the ground

"are you lost little girl?" the man asks her with a smirk

"yes, I got separated from my father" the young girl replies innocently

The young girl stands up at the light flickers on.

"a rich girl" the man mutters happily "my lucky day"

A couple men come from behind the girl.

"um.." the little girl backs into a building nervously "I r-really should get going, t-to find my father"

"don't worry little girl, we'll help you" one of them men say

"oh you'll help me.." the little girl smirks "I'm afraid.. I'll be the one to help you"

"huh?" the men look confused

The light above them flickers off and several gunshots could be heard echoing through the streets. A laugh is heard as the light flickers on, the young girl is holding a gun, the men in front of her all dead laying in pools of blood.

"right on time"

The young girl looks above her to see a red long haired man jump down.

"and you are?" the young girl looks at him

"you don't remember be?" he asks "how rude little Alice I am Grell, a Grim Reaper, remember?"

"Oh right" Alice puts her gun down "you've come to pick up the souls of the people I've killed couple times"

"oh.. well that's true too I suppose" Grell says "but the last time I saw you-"

"I don't have time to speak to you" Alice puts the gun away "I have to report to the queen, the gang Black Squall has been eliminated as requested" she glances at the reaper "I believe you have a job to do as well"

"Yes of course" Grell takes out some scissors

"Is that supposed to be your death Scythe?" Alice asks in disbelief

"My death scythe has been taken from me!" Grell shouts "it's all-"

"Yeah yeah" Alice waves him off "do your job reaper"

Alice jumps away into the night. This was one of the easier jobs she would go on, like before when she started working with Ciel. After reporting to the queen, Alice headed home where she took a bath before going to bed. 

In the morning, she was once again woken up by her big brother. After their usual kind of overly affectionate morning conversation followed by Alois getting kicked out of bed, Alice and Alois sat at the table eating breakfast.

"So I had a thought" Alois starts

"hm?" Alice puts her tea down

"Why don't we have a costume party?" Alois suggests

"A costume party? How come?" Alice asks

"Well, the other night I had an encounter with Lord Phantomhive" Alois tells her

"What, he was here?!" Alice asks excitingly

"Yes and well I was thinking" Alois smiles "It's time to play a little game of chess"

"oh?" Alice smirks "and you intend to move the first piece?"

"Yes, I do" Alois smirks

"careful big brother" Alice looks at him "he who makes the first move is not always victorious"

"Well when playing chess their is always someone who has to make the first move" Alois picks up his tea "it's the only way to begin the game"

"Sounds fun" Alice turns and throws a dagger at a target on the wall, it hits the bullseye and she laughs "but I want something"

"Alice, my dear little sister" Alois takes her hand and kisses it "what is it that you want? Tell me"

"I want him, I want Lord Phantomhive" Alice gives him a cute look "You'll get him for you won't you big brother?"

"Of course" Alois kneels down in front of her "whatever you desire, even if it is the world that you want, I will obtain it for you"