Chapter 22

A year has passed since the whole Trancy ordeal. Ciel was getting back into his normal jobs as the Queen's Guard dog with Sebastian at his side. This time their was a missing children's case, the number one suspect, a traveling circus.

Ciel and Sebastian arrive at the circus together. They make their way through the crowd and into the main tent where adults and children all sat, anxiously waiting for the show to start.

"By all appearances, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual but.." the lights went out and Ciel stopped talking

A spot light shone on one person in the performance area.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls of all ages! Welcome to the Noah's Ark Circus" He starts juggling "My name is Joker. If you look here- whoops!" he drops all the balls on his head and the crowd laughs

More lights shine on the rest of the performers as a girl addresses the audience 

"The whole circus is jostling for a chance to give you a fun show!" the girl smiles "I'm Harlequin and I'll be your host for the night"

"that girl.." Ciel stares at her "she looks like..."

"the young lady Trancy" Sebastian says "how interesting"

"Is it her?" Ciel asks him

"It appears so" Sebastian looks at him "I can sense her angel half"

"What on earth is she doing with the circus?" Ciel questions "we haven't been able to find her for a year but she ends up here"

With that the show began showing a number of performers.

"Well their's no music nor anything particularly special" Ciel says "no sign of the missing children either"

"indeed" Sebastian agrees

"If they don't intend to make a show of the children, perhaps the circus's movements and the children's disappearances are merely a coincidence?" Ciel questions

Sebastian stands up and Ciel looks at him

"Did you find something?" Ciel asks

Joker points to Sebastian "you, that really distinguished looking man in the tailcoat, please step onto the stage"

Sebastian goes down to the performers area, he walked straight past the circus members and started petting the tiger.

"such round eyes.."

"Crap, tigers are cats" Ciel grumbles

"It's Sebastian" Alice mumbles

"I've never seen such soft, vividly stripped ears... How lovely" Sebastian takes the tiger's paw "What's this? it seems your claws have grow a bit too long. To not be groomed... your paw pads, too, are plump and exceedingly charming."