The Legend of Sleepy Hallow AU

A small town during the 18th century, is plagued by a mysterious demon who comes out horseback riding at night every blood moon to hunt and slaughter certain people. He goes by the name of Alastor and no one knows of his origins. Not even himself, having been amnesic from the moment he appeared yet possessing a desire to hunt and kill.

In this same town Charlotte Magne is the daughter of wealthy land owner Lucifer Magne and although she is renowned for her great beauty, some townsfolk tend to fear her to be a witch due to unusual things that have happened whenever she's around. At the moment she is preparing to marry Seviathan Von Eldritch, an aristocratic suitor her father chose for her but one night as she is attending an engagement party being held outside and during a blood moon no less, Alastor appears and begins to hunt his chosen prey.

When he spots Charlotte he is intrigued by her for some reason and he abducts her. He doesn't harm her but keeps her in a house where she is cared for by his imp servants Biltzo, Moxxie, and Millie. Alastor tells Charlotte that he will not harm her and that he intends to return her after certain demands of his are met which he will not disclose to her at first. During her time there she tries to escape and figure out what it is exactly she's being ransomed for.

Eventually she ends up befriending Alastor and notices that there's something familiar about him. Alastor on the other hand is tormented by dreams and memories of Charlotte that he can't recall and he doesn't understand why he has such strong feelings for her.

Back in town her household servants and friends Vagatha and Anthony who desperately want to rescue Charlotte are suspicious as to why Lucifer and Sevithan refuse Alastor's demands and even more so when the servants spot both of them secretly meeting with court official Judge Pentious, Vox the town Magistrate, Anthony's former employer Valentino, and Mistress Katie. 

Doing further digging they find out from Husk the town drunk who was in prisoned to keep his mouth shut, that all six of them are connected to a court case that took place about three years prior  regrading a young school master who was killed by the "vigilante" group of Vox, Valentino, and Sevithan but Judge Pentious ruled that it was in defense of the school master's crime of raping Katie. But when the charges were cleared it enraged the school master's mother who left town with her final words being:

"There's other justices in this world besides the law!"

It's a thrilling story of conspiracy, secrets, lies, blood shed, witchcraft of both light and darkness, injustice, revenge, and lost love.