❦ one.

: take a shot, make a friend, just enjoy the moment :

☁︎ narrator ☁︎

As Loyalty casually walked along the sidewalk on a warm and cloudy day in Atlanta, Georgia, she kept one of her headphones in her ear while the other was left out so she could be fully aware of her surroundings. Just a few days ago, she had graduated from high school and today had actually been her last of school but she decided not to go. Any chance there was to not be around people or let alone speak, she was definitely more than willing to take it.

Looking both ways before crossing the street, she made her way over to Len's Cuts, which was a popular barber shop within the area. Aside from haircuts, this was a lot of people's go-to hangout spot. The owner and his employees got along with almost everyone who came through the door, and Loyalty had been coming and going for the past few years. Her mom had always dragged her along when her older brother, Kam, got his hair cut. Loyalty's mom became an associate of the owner's, and that opened an outlet for her kids to be cool with him as well.

The bell jingling as she walked through the doors of the shop, she'd gotten genuine and respectful greets from a few barbers that recognized her. Giving friendly smiles and waves to them in return, Loyalty approached Lennox, the owner of the barber shop as he was giving a boy who looked Loyalty's age a shape up. Still working the clippers at the boy's hairline, Lennox acknowledged her.

"Wassup, Tee?" he kindly addressed, "You here for CJ? If so, she went to get somethin' to eat but if you run, you can catch her at McDonald's or somethin'."

"Funny," Loyalty shook her head with a comedic scoff escaping her lips, "my mama just wanted me to bring this by. It's the money from Kam's last appointment." she said, pulling a twenty dollar bill from her back pocket and holding it out towards him. Finishing up what he was doing, Lennox then turned towards her and delicately took the money from Loyalty as he then smiled.

Last time Kam came to get his hair cut by Lennox, he was irresponsible and forgot his wallet at home. But Lennox cut him some slack because he knew Kam was a good person, and Loyalty and Kam's mom just told Lennox she would have one of them bring the money to him the next day. Loyalty questioned why Kam couldn't just pay Lennox back himself, but she also knew that he would most likely forget. So that was definitely out.

"Coo'," he beamed, before putting it away in his front pocket. "Tell her I said thank you."

"She wanted me ta' tell you the same thing," Loyalty chuckled, "I'a deliver the copy and paste message though."

Exchanging goodbyes with Lennox preparing to go back home, when she walked out of the door she saw CJ, Lennox's niece and Loyalty's best friend nearing the shop with a McDonald's bag.

"Yo, Tee!" CJ called as she got closer, "Where you off to?"

"Girl, goin' back home, what does it look like?" Loyalty answered, while CJ was now standing barely a foot away and the two girls were by the doors of the shop. Smelling the food in the bag, Loyalty leaned over and took a look into the bag briefly before CJ childishly snatched it away.

"Chile, 'dis my food," she scolded, "I told you I was goin' ta' get some after school but you ain't come. Shame on you."

"Wow," Loyalty dramatically dragged, "so I'on come to school 'nd alla' sudden I ain't worth givin' a fry? Fake as fuck."