Chapter 2: The Safehouse

"Finally, we're here." Zizzy said, with her hands on her knees and breathing countlessly.
"My legs hurt!" Zee said, rubbing her knee.
"At least we'll be safe!" Zuzy said.
Zizzy started walking, and she looked to the side. She saw a hotel with wood built over it.
"This must be the safehouse!" Zizzy said. "Come on guys, we're finally safe!"
"Yay!" Zee said.

Zizzy went to the door, and knocked. She could here people walking around, so she knew someone was there. Then, someone opened the door. In the corner, she could see a tall giraffe with a blue shirt and jeans.
"Hi, I was told you could help us!" Zizzy said.
"Uh.. I'm not sure we can just take you in, you could be infected! And besides, Mimi's probably not going to be happy if I take you in." Giraffy said.
"Please! I've got two sisters, and we've been sleeping on the streets for 4 weeks!"
Giraffy looked at the sisters, and sighed.
"Fine, come in."
Zizzy smiled, and she and her sisters entered.
"I've got some rooms for you guys to stay in, just follow me."
Giraffy led them upstairs, and there were two doors.
"You can take one, your sisters can share."
"Thank you, um.."
"Giraffy."
"Thank you Giraffy. I'm Zizzy, this is Zee and this is Zuzy."
"Hey you two!"
"Hello sir!" Zuzy said.
"Just call me Giraffy."

"Right, now that you guys have settled in, I will go and plant me crops. Come outside if you need me."
"Ok, thanks."

"Do you guys wanna go to sleep? We have some beds to sleep on now, so it will be more comfy!"
"Yay! I'm kinda tired, so I'm gonna sleep." Zee said.
"What about you Zuzy?"
"I'm just gonna draw, I'm not really tired."
"Ok, suit yourself."
Zizzy left the room and went downstairs. As she was about to go outside, she heard a voice behind her.
"Hello?" The voice said.
Zizzy turned around, only to see a mole with a purple coat.
"You must be Mimi!"
"Yeah, how do you know me?"
"Well, I was told that I could be safe here, so I came and Giraffy said I could stay."
"Who told you that? Everyone in the outside world is infected."
"Well, it's complicated, I could leave if you want."
"No, no. It's ok, I just wasn't expecting visitors.
Is anyone else here?"
"Just my little twin sisters upstairs."
"Ok, I'll be sure to introduce myself."
"Ok, that's fine, just make sure you don't wake up one of them."
"Ok."
"Bye."
"Bye."
Zizzy opened the front door and left. Giraffy was planting melon, and hearing the door shut made him turn around.
"Do you need anything?"
"Nah, I just wanted to talk."
"Ok."
"So, how did you get here?"
"Well, I used to work in a business building, and my boss's eyes were red, he tried to hit me, but I dodged it. Mimi worked there too, and we ran into the city. Elly and Grace were hostile too, so we ran into this building and took out all the infected inside. When we left this building, everyone was gone. We started to build upon it, and we got resources. What about you?"
"Well, I was a fencing coach. When I was at home, my mom came home from work, and she was angry. I tried to calm her down, but suddenly her eyes were red, and she tried to hit me. She hit my dad and they started trying to hurt me and my sisters. We left the house, but my brother Zack never came home. I figured he was infected, and we ran away. After that, I've been protecting my sisters from every infected we ran into. When we woke up, my sister was gone and I saw her go into a house. I followed her inside and there was a lion who was about to become infected. She told me to come here, before she turned."
"Wow. I never knew you had such a sad backstory. I hope you're ok."
"I'm fine, I'm just hoping one day someone will create a cure for this disease."
"Me too, I can't live like this. It's too stressful. I mean, at least I've had somewhere to stay, unlike you, but getting resources is pretty tough."
"Maybe I could help you with that.."
"Wait, really?"
"Sure, I could protect you from the infected with my fencing skills!"
"Thank you! I'll be sure to bring you next time."
"Ok. I'm pretty tired, I'm going to sleep. Bye!"
"Bye!"

Here are the ages for all the characters that are gonna be in this book:

Zizzy: 20
Giraffy: 21
Mimi: 21
Pony: 20
Zee: 8
Zuzy: 8
Damon: 24
Willow: 23
Rash: 23
Tigry: 22
Pandy: 23
Kitty: 22
Beary: 21
Katie: 23
Felix: 22
Filip: 23
Mr.P: 28
Thanks for reading! Next one tomorrow!
820 words, wow!