Chapter 6: The Mall

"Come on, this way!" Damon exclaimed.
"A mall? Why would they hide here?" Zizzy asked, scratching her head. They looked at each other, and entered the mall.
"We're going to find you, whoever you are!" Zizzy said, running to the left side of the mall.
Suddenly, Damon heard the sound of a chainsaw getting closer to him. Out of nowhere, a robot attempted to kill him with his chainsaw.
"Dang! I guess you're an infected.. robot? No, robots can't get infected."
He spotted a button on the back of the robot. 'Guard mode ON' is said. He tried to press the button, but the robot threw his arm at Damon.
He started to run, up the escalator and around the railing. He kicked the door of a room, and shut it before the robot. Damon looked the his side, and saw an orange key placed on a shelf.
"I'll take that," he said to himself.
Constantly, the robot kicked the door, desperately trying to get in.
"Ha, you can't get in! Loser!" He teased, with his hands on his head. Suddenly, the chainsaw attached to the robot started to cut through the door.
"Shoot!" Damon said.
He looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide. There was a vent, but Damon hated small places. He looked back at the door, and realised that the robot had almost created a hole.
"I guess I have no choice," he sighed.
He bent down and got inside the vent.
"I hate this I hate this I hate this!" He muttered to himself constantly. Suddenly, he heard the sound of another living being behind him. He looked behind him, and saw an infected mouse crawling towards him.
"Now where the heck did you come from?" He shouted. The mouse growled, and started to crawl faster.
"No, No! Get away from meeeeeee!" He screamed, falling down a hole leading to the hallway beside the escalator.
"I guess you went through a lot!" Zizzy said.
"You can say that again," he said. His hand opened, and Zizzy saw a orange key in his hand, covered in sweat.
"Ew! Why are you sweating, that's disgusting!" She complained.
"Zizzy, animals sweat too, and like you said, I went through a lot."
"I can see that." She said, holding the orange key.
"Do me a favour and use it." He said.
"Then what are you gonna do?" She said.
"I'm gonna sit this one out, I'm exhausted."
"Damon, I walked the streets for over 4 weeks, and I still had to put up with it."
"That's because you're a Zebra, you can just gallop your way."
"Animals don't have an advantage over humans, it's more like the other way around."
"What do you mean? Your food is everywhere."
"While that maybe true, you have never lived as an animal, so you don't know what we eat and how we survive."
"I kinda do, you eat the same things as humans most of the time, and your unhuman food is your favourite food. I know that, cause Pony is literally obsessed with carrots."
"You know what, fine. I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing about humans and animals."
"Guess I won then."
"Uggghhh!"
Zizzy stormed off, and Damon laughed as she did so. He knew she was easy to manipulate, and that was what he liked about her. But that's a whole new thing with Pony.

When they got everything for the locked room, Zizzy and Damon were ready to open the door.
"Do you think this is where they're hiding?" Damon asked.
"Well duh, it wouldn't be locked for nothing."
"You don't know that, there's just probably some secret formula no one needs anymore cause the whole world is infected with a stupid cure Mr.P failed to make. After all, this is a mall."
"Whatever."
Zizzy was about to open the door, but then the robot Damon had seen earlier started to walk towards them.
"Ugh, not you again." Zizzy complained.
"Don't worry, I've got this." Damon said. He jumped into the railing, and jumped behind the robot. He pressed the button, and the robot shut off.
"Hah, now that's over with, we can go inside." Zizzy said.
Damon walked around the robot, and stood next to Zizzy. They looked at each other, and Zizzy kicked the door.
"Show yourself, we know you've been watching us!" Zizzy shouted.
Behind a counter, a young pig wearing jeans and a blue t-shirt came out of hiding.
"Georgie?" Damon asked.
"How do you know who I am, who are you?" The pig said.
"I'm Damon, and this is Zizzy."
"You know this kid?" Zizzy asked.
"This is the person I was looking for, why'd you run Georgie?"
"After my family visited the hospital, they acted weird, and scary. I came here looking for grandma, but everyone looked so scary, so I hid."
"You'll be safe with us Georgie." Zizzy said.
"Will I see my family again?"
"We'll find the person who did this, I promise."

"Zizzy's back, and she has new friends!" Zee said.
"Zee, Zuzy! This is George, and this is Damon."
"Damon looks pretty funny!" Zuzy said.
"Zizzy! Damon! We tracked a helicopter signal nearby." Pony said.
"Mr.P... I need to go see him."
"Zizzy and I are coming with you." Pony said.
"What? But she just got back!" Zuzy complained.
"I'll be back soon, I promise! Take care of Georgie while we're gone."
"Let's go stop him once and for all!" Damon said.

Thanks for reading! Now I know this wasn't on Christmas or Christmas Eve, I'm sorry! And this wasn't 1000 words, but it was close! I'll be posting another one on New Years Day!
951 words!