8 : headaches

You both climb out of the car, running into Prentiss and Morgan almost immediately.

"Hey guys." Emily states, glancing between the both of you.

You pierce your lips together and nod, keeping a small distance between you and Hotch so nobody suspects anything.

"I thought Y/N was in her hotel room." Derek states, furrowing his brows.

Hotch clears his throat, "Yeah, well, I thought so too. I mean, I don't even know where her hotel room is located. She left yesterday and got her own." He states, shrugging his shoulders.

You nod, "Yeah. I just- I didn't really expect the situation to go like that. But, I woke up this morning, and I got ready and went to the nearest coffee shop - which is where I ran into Hotch." You state.

Hotch glances at you in a concerned tone as you stumble a bit, headaches fill your mind. You get dizzy, gripping Hotch's upper arm.

"Everything okay, Y/N?" Emily asks in a concerned tone.

You pierce your lips together and nod slightly, "Yeah, I just got dizzy. My coffee clearly isn't kicking in right now." You state.

Emily giggles and nods, "I know the feeling. It's always a struggle. Especially when we have to wake up early for work."

You giggle and nod, "Yeah." You mumble in agreement, glancing up at Hotch.

Derek shakes his head, "I left my bag inside. We'll meet you guys at the airstrip?" He asks.

Hotch nods, watching as Derek walks away, Emily following after him. As soon as they're out of sight, Hotch glances down at you.

"Are you okay?" He asks in a low tone.

You nod, "Yeah. Just headaches." You state, rubbing your temples.

Hotch nods, helping you to the car. He opens the door for you, as you slide in, leaning your head back.

Hotch climbs into the car, glancing over to you, "Are you sure you don't need anything from me? I can get you water or-" He begins.

You shake your head, "No, I'm okay. I just need some rest." You mumble.

Hotch nods, stroking your hair as he starts the car, pulling out of the parking lot.

The ride to the airstrip is short - you and Hotch are the first ones to arrive. You both climb onto the jet, debating on where to sit. You decide to sit on the couch, Hotch sitting down next to you.

"Lie down, get some rest." He states, his eyes longing as they meet yours.

You nod, kicking off your shoes. You lie down, curling up into an uncomfortable ball.

Hotch chuckles. "You don't have to curl up into a ball. You can lie down properly. Here, you can rest your head in my lap." He states, gesturing for you to lie down.

You smile softly, "The team will catch on."

Hotch scoffs and shakes his head, "Screw them. If they find out, so what? I would much rather stroke your hair while you nap to relieve the pain over hiding us from them." He states.

You shake your head, "We'll never hear the end of it." You state.

Hotch shrugs his shoulders, "Fine. Then we're close friends. Now come, lay down."

You nod, lying your head in his lap. You get comfortable as he strokes your hair. He leans down, giving you a small kiss on the forehead. The team arrives at the airstrip, climbing on the jet.