Chapter 27 : Stupid Rule

There was a pin drop silence when Hoseok left, and Namjoon said the truth. It physically hurt for Namjoon to see his best friend like that. It was only a few hours later, he didn't even want to know how he'd be as the time goes on.

Yoongi's eyes were glued to the dishes placed on the table---but he didn't know what he was looking. The only thing he knew at that time was regret.

He shouldn't have let Hoseok do that.

Like it or not, the friendship between Jimin and Hoseok was precious---and whenever Yoongi had work, Hoseok was the only one to actually be there for Jimin.

After all that, he didn't want to imagine how it would've felt for Jimin when he saw Hoseok completely ignoring him there like he was nothing.

While all their minds were occupied---

Taehyung was suffering.

His wound in his back and stomach is not healed, and no one remembered in the midst of already existing chaos. He couldn't blame them either, Jimin was finally back and he was relieved to hell, even more relieved that he was safe.

He slowly brought one of his hands down the table, slowly placing it over his left torso.

His eyes widened slightly.

He could literally feel the wetness of the shirt. Lowering his head subtly, he saw the red taint in his black shirt---he was afraid that blood would ooze out... more than it already has.

No wonder it was stinging.

"I have to talk to Taehyungie hyung," Jeongguk suddenly said, making him lift his head abruptly. 

"You do?"

"I do," he said, getting up, not finishing his dinner. "Let's go," he said, moving around the table, grabbing Taehyung's hand before helping him up. 

On the other hand, Taehyung was wondering how to go without wincing, but when he gave his hand―he was more than thankful. He didn't want to make it obvious that he was injured―he simply didn't want anyone to worry about it. 

There was something more important than him, going on.

The moment Jeongguk pulled Taehyung to his room softly, the younger closed the door before latching the door knob close. And hearing that clicking sound, Taehyung turned towards the latter.

"Why did you―woah woah, what?" He stopped his question, as he saw Jeongguk moving towards Taehyung rapidly, making him sit on the bed. "What did I do?" He asked again, noticing how Jeongguk stared at his eyes. Directly. Non-faltering.

Jeongguk knelt down in front of him, and that moment―the elder panicked. 

Much to his surprise, the younger lifted Taehyung's shirt above suddenly―leaving him in shock. Wide-eyed, Taehyung stared down at Jeongguk wondering what his expression would be, but the younger just stared at the wound in front of him. 

The skin was torn deeply, dark red blood escaping it slowly and steadily, there were some black spots here and there. Jeongguk slightly tilted his head, as he leaned in sideways―inspecting his back. And the wound there wasn't any worse. 

Sighing inaudibly, he pulled back meeting his torso again. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung was damn nervous―he was afraid that his uneven heartbeat would be heard outside. 

Wordlessly, the younger stood up opening Taehyung's shelf. Clothes, other accessories―he couldn't find the one he was looking for. Bending down, checking the last shack, his hands landed on the first aid kit.