109

Within the first few sentences, Yoongi knew exactly what the book was about. But its words were now in the air, unable to be taken back and the way Jimin stiffened in his arm showed that he understood as well.

"'They're the moon, and you their ground, holding their material form to the earth.'" Not a bad start, just sounded like another legend.

"'They want to be cared for and need to feel loved by their mate or their Luna will become upset enough to effect their health.'" Common fact, but one not often spoken about.

"'If you should mate an omega—" Yoongi's voice faltered and Jimin tensed at it. The alpha swallowed and continued "'—the health and happiness of your mate will lie in your hands. Love them as they love you and the health of Luna will never fail. Part from them before the bond is fully made and their Luna will fall into pain and despair.'" Yoongi frowned. Not a light subject for a lazy morning. "'Break their heart and they should feel as if at death's door.'"

Jimin turned his face into Yoongi's collar, fisting at his shirt.

Yoongi should have read the next few sentences to himself before reading it to Jimin.

"'Knot them without the intention to bite and the Luna could become entirely dependent on you. Knot them in their heat and part from them and the Luna would start attacking itself, harming its terra's mind and body. They may be able to withstand it for any life growing—'" Jimin made a small choking sound "'—but they will eventually break themselves in the pain you created by leaving. Once you've found who you will love for your life and who loves you, never create a bond only to depart. Don't waste the precious and wonderful existence with selfishness. Mates are for life, know you're ready for it before engaging in any form of bonding with the omega of your desires.'"

And Yoongi promptly shut the book, the quiet thud accenting the sense of doom with the words he had just read to such omega. Jimin didn't say anything for a long while, to the point where Yoongi thought he fell asleep again, before opening his mouth.

"Why did Namjoon give you this?"

Not yet, not yet.

"I'm not completely sure," Yoongi sighed, setting the book back in the drawer. He'd read it. Later.

"Do you have someone you want to mate?"

Jimin hummed when Yoongi's chest halted from breath and his heat beat faster against his chin.

"Do I know them?" Jimin hoped Yoongi would ignore the disappointment in his voice. The alpha sighed and closed his eyes, drawing lines on his back again.

"You do."

"Please tell me it's not any of my siblings or Park-Jeon omegas," he winced. Yoongi shook his head.

"It's not." Jimin was a Park-Jeon omega.

"Should we have kissed then?" Jimin's voice was much quieter.

"Did you regret it?"

"Only if you did."

He melted again less from comfort but guilt. How could he have kissed Yoongi if he was interested in someone? And then why did Yoongi kiss him if he was interested in someone?

"Why would I?" Yoongi asked softly, tracing Jimin's arm that laid over his stomach.

"Don't you have someone you're courting?"

And maybe Yoongi should have bit his tongue. "Don't you have a courter?"