Ice Cream: Causes More Problems Than It Should

IT IS AdrienneLafayette's birthday. Happy birthday, Lex! I wrote you a oneshot for your birthday! I know how much you love Anastasyette, so I wrote you some dramatic fluff. It's super cliché, but fucking fight me, I had so much fun writing this. I didn't proofread like I usually do before I post, but, again, fight me. I hope you like it, love!

Warning: None! :D

Much Love, Krissy/Mom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I open the fridge, before quickly closing it again to look at the front of it. There's a bright yellow sticky note sitting there, and I realize that I was supposed to go pick up groceries for my mother.

"Laf, mon amie!" I call, hurrying to go fetch the keys to my car, "I have to go buy groceries for my mother. Will you watch Nicolette?" He walks out of the living room, bouncing Nicolette against his side.

"Oui, je peux faire ça pour toi (Yes, I can do that for you)," he says, grinning at me. I flash a smile at him and give his arm an appreciative squeeze before slinging my purse over my shoulder and going to the front door. I know Nicolette will be fine. She's with Laf, and I trust Laf.

The grocery run was much faster than I had thought it would be, but there also wasn't too much on the list I was left. I step out of the elevator and go over to the front door. I kick the door, knowing Laf will have to open it for me since my arms are full. However, when I kick the door, it slowly creeks open. It's odd. I don't remember leaving the front door open. I push the door open with my shoulder and peer into the apartment.

"Laf?" I call. There's no answer. When I'd arrived earlier today, Nicolette had come running out to greet me, giggling out my name. Nicolette is nowhere to be seen.

"Lafayette?" I call louder, stepping into the apartment. Panic is rising from the pits of my stomach. Where is he? Where's Nicolette? Maybe they're watching a movie and can't hear me? But then why would the door be open? I kick the door shut and hurry further inside, passing through the kitchen to put down the groceries. I pass every room, calling Laf and Nicolette's names desperately.

"Laf, si c'est une blague, ce n'est pas drôle (Laf, if this is a joke, it isn't funny)!" I cry. There's still no response. I search the entire apartment, and nothing.

"Maybe they just went out," I tell myself, pulling out my phone. I rapidly press the buttons to call Laf, whipping the phone up by my ear. The voicemail message plays immediately, and I feel as though I can't breathe. Where's Nicolette? Where's Laf? The world is spinning. How could I fail to keep Nicolette safe? How could I be so irresponsible? I should've had her and Laf come with me. I should've stayed home, even. I should've...I should've done something to keep them safe! My knees give out and I grasp onto the quilt on Nicolette's bed. Where is she, where is she, where is she?

I hear giggling downstairs. It sounds like...Like Nicolette's laugh. And Laf's. I force my legs to push me up, despite how unsteady I feel, and stumble across the room. As I descend the apartment stairs, I can hear Laf talking.

"Now, we can't tell Ana that I got you ice cream, oui? She'll be mad at me!" he says in a mock whisper voice. Nicolette giggles again and I hurry toward the sound.

"Colette," I call. The moment I see her, the world rights itself and I can breathe again. Nicolette turns to look at me, and grins, chocolate all around her mouth.

"Ana!" she giggles, rushing over to me. I wipe her mouth with the nearest tissue before I kneel down on the ground to hug her.

"I was so worried about you, Coli," I say, holding my little sister tightly. She giggles.