Chapter 1

Brooke stared out to the world that urges for her presence, listening to the raindrops tap on the window. She sighed, the window temporarily fogging up as her warm breath embraced the stone-cold glass. She focused her gaze on one drop, watching it gradually roll further down until it dripped off. She looked up to the grey sky as shadows concealed the fading stars, casting their darkness down upon the land. It stared back down at her, it's menacing eyes meeting hers, she didn't feel fear as any 'normal' person would, she felt comfort. It was the one thing that had stayed the same in her life, no matter where she was or who was with her the sky was always there to keep her company. Her eyes slipped shut as she listened to the wind humming outside her window, luring her outside. She bit her lip and considered it before declining it abruptly and shutting down the thought.

She closed her eyes and listened to the silence grow louder, diminishing even the tiniest of sounds until her ears felt like they were about to burst with the quietness screaming into her face. Her finger began tapping rapidly yet softly on the colourless wall beside her. She let it invade the silence, bringing her out of her toxic thoughts and back to reality. She quietly cursed, realising she was forced back to face the ugly world once again. She tilt her head back, wishing and praying she could escape this earth, but all it was was a wish. A wish that would torment her endlessly with no remorse.

Her eyes snapped open revealing her honey-coloured iris', She dragged her hands over her face whilst groaning quietly, she held the position for a few seconds before dropping them back into her lap. She realised the rain had slowed, almost coming to a stop. She could feel her body begging her to rest but she unwillingly fought against it and decided to wash her face, hoping the cold water would shock her body awake. She unwound the bedcovers from her body and let the cool air hug her, she spun herself around so her legs dangle off the edge off her bed. Sighing, she stood up, her feet tingled at the sudden pressure but she ignored the familiar sensation. Her feet padded against the floor as she trailed towards the bathroom door, she carefully opened it being sure she didn't wake anyone. She then closed the door behind her and leant on the sink, she hesitantly looked into the mirror.

She had obvious dark circles sitting under her eyes, her hair was knotted and unhealthy and her skin looked dry. She turned on the tap, ignoring her appearance, staring at the water that spread over the ceramic bowl as it hit the sink. She waited a second for it to be ice cold before putting her hands under the running water, she held them there letting the coldness drive shivers into her arms. She lifted her dripping hands up to her face and quickly washed her face, it felt refreshing yet her body still felt disgusting and painful. She huffed, it felt permanent, the pure feeling of negativity constantly holding her in a vice grip.

She decided on getting a shower, realising this wasn't enough. She turned on the water and took off her clothes, flinging them into the washing basket that was tucked under her sink. She stepped in and let the freezing droplets engulf her body, instantly a shiver crawled through her. The pain came next, the pyschical pain. It was like small spears sinking into her skin, she squirmed uncomfortably as her body took time adjusting to the sudden drop in temperature. She stood completely still for a second, her body deciding to go stiff and refusing to move from that position. she forced herself to move and began washing her body. Thoughts clouded her mind, she tried to push them away but they fought back. She created a barrier to protect herself, her small fragile self. The intrusive thoughts began pounding on her skull demanding to be let in, screaming their ugly words, a headache began to settle in. She hurried out of the shower, feeling a little better, she wrapped a towel around her body and walked into her room quickly.