ARRANGED TO LOVE- LAST PART

Dedicated to vpsisthename20

She wakes up in an unfamiliar room. But the place she's in is not silent. There is loud chatter going on outside her room, and probably that woke her up. She attempted to sit up, only for her movements to halt as she feels something caging her down.

She looks beside her to see a shirtless Pearl, sleeping with his lips curled, and hair covering his forehead. He's lying on his stomach, one hand under the pillow, another circling her waist.

Millions of thoughts run in her mind, and she remembers how she was asked to wait for him. But she was so tired, she slept wearing the very red saree, that Anita decorated her in. For him.

She remembered blushing all things Anita said to her about dealing with her husband. But now she thinks that her head will be chopped for sleeping on her husband, on their wedding night.

Millions of thoughts swam in her mind. Did he expect something!? May be he was angry because she slept? And why is he lying shirtless?

As if a temptation her eyes again went to his exposed back. And then on the hand that still was on her.

She carefully held his hand and lifted it and then kept it slowly in the empty space between them. Getting up slowly, she gathered the saree that seemed to have a brain of its own, and untying itself from her body, because of her reckless sleeping.

If somebody saw them right now, they would expect kids. Little do they know.

She goes to the washroom after fetching a pain of clothes and passing a last glance to the sleeping husband. Her sleeping husband.

He never slept this peacefully, especially after his father's death. When he felt slight movement under his left arm, he opened his eyes to see her wiggling and opening her eyes.

He would've retreated his hand back as soon as he got his senses, but then it would look like he was intentionally touching her. Which he was not. Damn the pillows that he's habitual to hug while sleeping!

He hated himself for not knowing when he removed his shirt even when he promised himself he won't. Now he had a partner in his room for god sake.

After she went inside the bathroom, he sat up and picked up his discarded shirt from the floor beside his bed. He cursed himself and then quietly left the room.

*

Awkward would be an understatement. When she served him food after her first Rasoi, he didn't have enough guts to look up and say the food tastes delicious. His family and few relatives that stayed over for the reception this evening. His friends were already all over him teasing him with all the bullshit they could think.

And what solutions did he have for that!?
Just that he won't share his bedroom secrets.

After breakfast, he went inside his room, to see her standing near the window, staring at the scenery of the busy street across their humble abode. She liked the place. That was definitely true.

"Ah..uhm Surbhi!?"

She snapped her head in his direction, "Yes Pearl?"

The way she said his name was surreal...he felt tingles all over but again suppressing it deep, he maintained a stoic face. Not to forget her bright yellow anarkali, with all her new accessories, were already causing a havoc in him.

He wanted to say that he wants to talk to her. About how they will settle this equation between them.

But instead uttered, "Uhm...Can you make a coffee for me?"