Chapter 11: Battle For the Button

Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Eggy had been answering questions for the last hour. Some were easy, some were tricky, and some were downright unfair. Question 42 was particularly dicey - GB had answered wrong and Dora started to rip her in half, but stopped when Eggy shouted out the correct answer - yet they had all lived.

"Alright," TB said, his voice strained. "You've mentally exhausted us with 50 questions. Do we get to leave now?"

"You have done well," Dora answered, "but there is one final challenge." She began to float again, and they all backed up even further. "You must face me... and live."

"Oh, come on!" GB complained.

Dora raised her arms and curled her hands into fists. The stone platform underneath them suddenly shook, then rose into the air, detaching itself from the lava. Eggy almost fell off, but managed to regain her balance. The platform kept rising until it was high above the volcano.

Dora raised her right arm and brought it down with such force - a karate chop of death - that it cracked the platform in half. The two halves started drifting away from each other, with Tennis Ball on the left and Golf Ball and Eggy on the right. "Tennis Ball!" GB cried.

Dora pondered who to attack first, but only for a second. She settled on Eggy and zoomed towards her. Before she could even blink, Eggy was shoved off the edge. "Aaahhhhh!!"

"Eggy!" Tennis Ball jumped the gap and ran towards Dora, but she just smacked him across the face. He went rolling away, almost falling off the edge. GB ran to the edge to see if Eggy had survived, and she saw-

Dora suddenly grabbed GB, lifted her up, and turned her to face her. "Dadadadadadada. (It is no longer necessary to speak in your foolish language.)" GB shuddered as Dora floated even higher. "Dadadadadadadadadadadada. (You may have answered my questions correctly, but you cannot face my might.)" Dora took Golf Ball's other side with her other hand and started to pull her apart at the crack. This time, she spoke in English and Spanish simultaneously. "DADADADADA. (Because I am ALL-POWERFUL.)"

Suddenly, Dora turned red and vanished from existence. Golf Ball dropped from her grip and, unfortunately for her, cracked in half upon landing. Two cannon shots fired.

TB got up. "What?"

Then he heard a faint voice. "You may have power, but Grassy has a button!"

"Grassy?" TB called out in disbelief. He ran to the edge and looked down. Standing at the crater's edge was Eggy, who had somehow survived the fall, as well as TV and Grassy, who was holding some sort of device.

"Tennis Ball!" Grassy rasped happily.

"Grassy!" Tennis Ball cried. Suddenly, the platform tilted to one side, almost causing the metal ball to lose his balance. It began to slowly sink in the air and crumble, bits and pieces falling into the crater. Dora's power was the only thing holding this in the air, TB thought. I'd better get down.

"Grassy, are you still good at catching people?" he shouted.

TV displayed a recording of Grassy catching Eggy when Dora knocked her off.

Tennis Ball smiled. "Good, because here I come!"

--------------------

From behind a large rock, somebody was watching. They sat there as Tennis Ball leaped from the crumbling platform and landed safely on top of Grassy as the rock tumbled into the volcano. Then they saw two figures advancing on the others, and far away, something pink was flying towards everyone. "Well," she muttered to herself, "this should be interesting."