Part 1, The Meeting

This is the rewrite of the original! Important author's note at the bottom! Please read! But for now, enjoy this rewrite!
-----------------------------------------------

Virgil woke to the sound of his alarm blaring. He groans as he rolls out of bed, trudging over to his closet. He gropes blindly for a shirt, throwing it on as he moves to his dresser. He finds some jeans and throws them on with a sigh.

"Virgil, breakfast!! Get it while its hot or don't get it at all!" His mother calls from down stairs. Virgil yawns as he throws on his vans, hobbling down the stairs with early morning I-need-my-coffee determination.

When he gets into the kitchen, he quickly inhales his food, grabbing a thermos of coffee to go. He takes his bag off of the counter and calls out a quick "Good bye, love you!" to his mom as he starts the walk to school.

"Junior year, here I come." He mumbles as he pulls on his head phones, sighing in relief when It's Alright starts to play. Maybe today won't be so bad, he muses to himself, absently.

----------------

Virgil has really got to stop trying to test fate. It never works out for him.

He is getting close to the school, when suddenly, someone bumps into him.

"Oh, shit! Sorry sorry!" Virgil panics over the sound of Verbatim while trying to dry off the hot coffee he spilled on the stranger. He threw off the head phones, "Are you ok? Oh god, I'm so so sorry! I ruined your shirt!"

Virgil is going to start hyperventilating if he isn't careful. The stranger looked up at Virgil, giving him a smile that was more like a pained grimace.

"Hey! It's ok, see!" The stranger removed the cardigan from around his waist and put it on, covering the, now cooling, coffee stain. "Good as new!"

Virgil steadied his breathing a bit, finally getting a proper look at the stranger. He looked short, but that may be because Virgil was a whopping 5'11, so nearly everyone looked short to him, chubby, and his curly strawberry blond hair had a cute little hair clip in it.

"H-Hi!" He stuttered, "I'm cute, you're Virgil!" The stranger giggled, fuck. "I-I mean! I'm Virgil, you're cute!"

He giggled again. Dear God, just kill me now, please.

The stranger stuck his hand out for Virgil to shake, "I'm Patton! But thanks for the compliment! You're cute to!" Fuck, that giggle should be illegal. He blushed, looking away from Patton as he shook the other's hand.

"Anyways! I'm going to school, you headed that way, Virgil?" Patton asked, an adorable tilt to his head.

Virgil nodded, "Uh, yeah, sure. If you, you know, if you don't mind me listening to my music."

"Of course! I don't mind. Hey, maybe we can make this a thing, y'know? It'd be nice to have someone to talk to in the morning!" Patton smiled brightly. Virgil had to look away, afraid he might get blinded by it. He nodded again as he slid back on his head phones, the first notes of Hayloft accompanying the rest of their walk.

--------------------

Patton grinned as they skipped happily beside their new friend. Hmmm, friend. Were they friends? They didn't know. Oh! Maybe they should ask!

Patton looked over to Virgil, who was nodding his head slightly to a beat Patton couldn't hear. Maybe they'll ask later.

A big grin stretched across their face as the school building came into view. They quickened their pace, dragging Virgil by the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Woah-oh," Virgil gasped as Patton dragged him through the gates and to where their boyfriends Logan and Roman usually sat. "For such a short guy, you sure can pull hard."

Patton repressed a flinch. It's fine, Virgil just doesn't know. Stop worrying about it!

Patton jumped over to Logan, "Logie! Good morning!!" They wrapped their arms around an unsuspecting Logan.

He flinched, "Ah! Hello, Patton." He set down his book, placing a soft kiss to their freckled cheeks. "Pronouns today, dear?"

Patton giggled, a soft blush dusting their cheeks, "They today." They leaned down to give Logan a proper kiss when Virgil cleared his throat.

"Um, I-uh... Hi?" He waved awkwardly.

Patton gasped, jumping up towards Virgil. "Right! I'm sorry, that was rude. Virgil, this is Logan, my boyfriend. And Logan, this is Virgil, my new friend! I met him on the way to school today! He spilled coffee on my shirt." Patton frowned for a second before perking back up. "But it's fine! Because I got a new friend out of it!!"

Virgil blinked before turning towards Logan, "Uh, hey, Logan." He waved awkwardly.

Logan smiled politely, "Good morning Virgil. What pronouns do you use?"

Virgil blinked again, fiddling with a loose thread in his ripped jeans, "Uh, I don't know, he/him I guess?" He sat down across from Logan, looking down at the table.

Patton was about to respond when Roman came bounding in, swooping Patton in his arms and spinning them both while Patton giggled. 

"Ro!!" They giggled, pushing up his round glasses. "Put me down! I have a new friend to introduce!"

Roman pouted, but did as bid, carefully setting a still giggling Patton to the ground.

"This is Virgil, I met him on the way to school today! Virgil, this is my other boyfriend Roman!" They kissed Roman's cheek, stretching up on their tippy toes to do so.

"How tall are you?" Virgil asked, in lieu of a greeting.

Roman looked taken aback, "Uh, hello to you to. I'm 6'2, how tall are you?" He folded his arms across his chest, matching Virgil's intense sort-of-glare.

Virgil huffed, standing up so he was, nearly, eye level. "5'11."

Roman laughed, "HaHA! I reign supreme in height once more! No one can defeat me!" He put his hands one his hips, smiling triumphantly, as Virgil grumbled.

"Except you're brother, who beats you by a half on an inch, if I'm not mistaken." Logan said as he turned a page in his book, smirking when shouted in outrage.

Virgil laughed as Roman started lamenting about betrayal, and slander, and "Do you even love me, Logan!?".

Logan pushed up his black glasses. "No, I actually hate you. It's why I go to you're house every weekend and let you be little spoon even though you are clearly taller, so logically, it would make more sense for you to be the big spoon."

"Oh my God!" Virgil doubled over laughing, clutching his side as he struggled to breath.  "Holy shit!"

Roman pouted as he sat down at the table, sulking. Patton jumped into his lap, nuzzling their face into Roman's neck.

"Aww, it's ok Roman! I still love you!!" They declared, laughing when Roman wrapped his arms around their midsection.

Virgil wiped a tear away as Roman started dramatically declaring that Patton was the only one who loved him anymore, sobbing dramatically. Virgil sighed as he calmed down from his cackling fest, wiping a tear and slipping on his head phones as he waited for the bell to ring. The first notes of Line Without a Hook gracing his ears as he and Logan shared a fond smile. Maybe this year won't be so bad.

------------------------------------------------------
1194 words!

This is the first chapter of the rewrite!

To anyone who read the original, I know this didn't cover everything that happened in the first chapter! It will be spilt into two chapters. That is, if you all liked this one!

Tell me what you think in the comments! And I'll be sure to read them!