1 | manager

note: midoriya calls everyone by their last names or a nickname, as per japanese culture. yours is tadakori. please keep that in mind! others will still refer to you as y/n though.

***

"Hey, Mei?" You called into the room she'd taken over her second year at UA, the shelves filled with potential gadgets for the future pros at your school. 

Peeking your head in, you saw Mei at her desk, back bent at an awkward angle and her headphones blasted to the max volume. You sighed, walking into the room and putting the gear you'd borrowed for Midoriya on the shelf where it had resided the day previous.

Looking over to your classmate, she hummed to her music quietly as she put screws into their designated holes and tightened parts that needed to be tightened. Both of your heads were filled with ideas of how to help the pros and their successors, which is why you'd always been ahead of the people in your year. 

While Mei was frazzled half of the time and spewing every idea she could ever have from her bubbly mouth, you were always drawing ideas and writing them down in your journal. Sketches littered the pages of your countless books that were organized on a shelf in your dormitory, and all of your classmates knew not to touch them if they didn't want to be strangled. 

Reaching a hand up to catch Mei's attention, you stopped. It was Red Riot's, or Kirishima as almost everyone knew him by, face armour. She'd been working on something for a few days now, and you'd figured this was it.

His previous armour was made of some kind of hyper-aluminum, able to harden along with his quirk as you'd figured out when researching something for Mei one night. You'd watched the shaky video footage from his debut a couple of years back and found him pretty fucking cool. His quirk wasn't much, but he made it something else.

Shaking your head you touched your hand to Mei's shoulder, you pulled her out of her trance, bags ready for travel underneath her eyes and sleep wading into the deep waters of her bright golden irises. She paused her music by taping her headphone once, and let them fall around her neck as she put down the screwdriver and armour, leaning back in her chair.

"What's up?" She asked you, groaning a little as she stretched her arms above her head, eyes catching onto your steely greys.

"It's almost eleven. Power Loader is gonna kill you if he finds out you were here late again." You told her, holding up your phone to show her the obviously late hour, her eyes widening as a sigh escaped her.

"Fine, fine. C'mon, it's Friday so you can sleep over in my dorm tonight." She said, leaving everything where it was as she stood from her desk, taking her jacket from the back of the chair and putting it on.

"Mei, I have a ton of homework." You said, making up an excuse on the spot because you couldn't get caught in the third year's dorm again. The last time that happened, it was as if the biggest group possible of the third year girls had gotten together and had a movie night, resulting in them asking you more questions than you'd ever been asked in your life.

Mei only looked at you with her eyes blank and unforgiving. You never had homework, you were always ahead in class and when you happened to have any work ever, you usually finished it before the end of the school day.

"There won't be a big sleepover this time! I promise!" She said, grabbing her jumble of keys and locking the door behind her as you both left the lab, stuffing them in her coat pockets while the two of you walked the dark and empty halls.