Tomorrow

Alright-Super Grass

"Welcome y/n. Ooh I love the hair. Definitely a step in a good direction. Alrighty so I'm gonna have to head off for work a little early today sorry. So Rodrick should be ready soon. If you could be a dead and make sure Greg catches his bus today that would be so thankful. And make sure to remind me when you drop Rodrick off that I need to pay you tomorrow." Mrs. Heffley left 'early' for work everyday. So this wasn't anything new but having to wait for Greg was.

Waving Mrs.Heffley out the drive way y/n slammed the door shut and let out a loud exhale before running up the stairs.

"Rodrick! I've got news!"

Y/n stomped her way down the hall and swung open Rodricks door to find the room empty. So she went down the hallway and accidentally opened Greg's door whom he was still sleeping.

Y/n picked up a pair of socks from the dresser near the door and threw them at Greg's head before yelling.

"Get up kid! You have school come on, I'm gonna kill you. I don't have time for this today."

Y/n ran over to the window and swung the blinds open.

Greg let out a shriek, he didn't know about the hair.

"You hair is black now?"

"Shut it kid, yes it is and I need to get going so you have five minutes to get ready."

Running down the hallway y/n swung open the door into the bathroom which was the last place Rodrick could've been, and she was right.

"Dude, come on hurry up with the makeup. You know what gimme the damn eyeliner."

Y/n sat on the counter of the bathroom and grabbed the eyeliner out of Rodricks hand.

"Look me in the eyes quick."

Y/n cupped her left hand around his face to hold him still and drew with the other.

"New hair I see, suits you. And by the way prac-"

"Other eye Rodrick look to the left."

"Alright. I was saying practice is at 3:20 so we are gonna have to be quick leaving school today."

Y/n set the eyeliner on the counter and slapped Rodrick on the side of the face in a 'get going now' manner.

"That's fine Rodrick. But we need to get your brother outside like now so he doesn't miss the bus."

Y/n pushed Rodrick out of the bathroom before grabbing her purse and setting it on the counter.

"Why are you kicking me out of my own bathroom?"

"Because I have makeup I have 30 seconds to do and clothing to change."

Before Rodrick could start talking again y/n slammed the door in his face.

With her hair appointment this morning she didn't have time to get ready at home.

She combed out her eyebrows and the thin structures in. Next she did just quick little eyeliner and mascara. Not too clean or messy just in the middle. And lipgloss because even this makeup was starting to look a little heavy.

Y/n had still been in her pajamas before she slid on a pair of black shirts and a sweater. She rushed back out of the bathroom.

"I thought you only wore skirts and in your words that's the way a lady should operate."

"And Rodrick to that I can counter act that I'm the lead guitarist of two bands and dyed my hair black earlier today. I'm not as lady like as I thought it was and I don't plan on changing back. Now get down stairs I can hear the bus for your brother down the street. Just push him out the door or something." Y/n was oddly blunt today. Running down the stairs Y/n slipped on a pair of crocs at the door while watching Greg run out to the bus tripping on his way down the driveway.
"What a total dweeb."

Tripping outside the pair ran over to y/no's pristine car.

"Watch the leather!"

Clicking of their seatbelts and the starting of the ignition was what filled the ambiance. Pulling out of the drive way y/n had a bright idea.

"Want to go to Starbucks?"

Rodrick looked over at y/n as though she was crazy.

"You mean the coffee place. We're already running late and not to mention it's ten minutes away from the school?"

"Okay Rodrick, we can speed because I really want that coffee today. So hold on to your seatbelt."

Pulling around the driveway and the opposite way they usually go for school they zoomed down the street at 40 mph.
Finally arriving at their destination y/n ordered.

"Can I get a venti iced macchiato with cold foam and two pumps of vanilla? 𝘙𝘰𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵?"

"I don't know I like sugary stuff, black coffee"

"Alright can I get a hot chocolate with two pumps of hazelnut with one ice cube."

Y/n moved up in the drive through.

"Why did you ask me what I wanted and just not order it"

"Okay Rodrick listen to me"

Y/n took her hands off her steering wheel and positioned herself to look directly at Rodrick

"We were friends for a long time before and even if I wasn't you friend I was babysitting your brother at least once a week. I know a lot more about you than you would think alright. So don't go trying to act all buff like that. Waste of my money because I know you'll flush it down a toilet at school."

"Bummer, I don't know much about you y/n"

Y/n moved her sunglasses from her forehead to her eyes.

"Yeah what a bummer, it's staying that way too."

Y/n heard a honk from the car behind her because she forgot to move forward.