Chapter 2

Tws: Yelling, fighting, slight abuse with Virgil's parents

Roman's POV

     "Yeah I know you are."  I reply with a smirk. Virgil blushes and hides his face in his hands. He always got flustered easy. It's cute.

      "S-shut up." Virgil stutters causing me to chuckle.

      Then we hear a door slam. Virgil immediately pulls Vincent to him. I hear Virgil's dad's voice so I move over to the two boys, pulling Virgil into my lap while I have an arm around Vincent.

     "I don't like bubby." Vincent says in a small whisper.

     "Me either Vinc." Virgil says, curling into me further.

     I try to sooth both of them, which is hard to do at the same time. Soon we hear Virgil's mom come running up the stairs.

     She opens the door and says, "Vincent come on. We're going to granny's." Vincent smiles and jumps off the bed. "I'll be back soon boys. When I get back, keep him calm Roman." With that Vanessa leaves.

     I didn't know what that meant but I could hear Virgil's dad grumbling.

     "Ro." I hear Virgil squeak.

    "Yeah?" I answer, wrapping both arms around him and pulling him further on my lap.

     "I'm scared." My heart breaks, I hate Virgil being scared, especially when it comes to his own family.

     "I know V, I know." I say, "But, I'll be here the whole time. I promise."

     I feel Virgil nod. He nuzzles his head against my chest, listening to my heartbeat. It calms him to listen to it, I don't know why, it just does.

      Soon Vanessa returns and the yelling starts again. This time we hear slap. Virgil gets off my lap and we run downstairs. We get to the kitchen to see Vanessa holding her cheek.

     I see tears forming in Virgil's eyes, so I pull him close to me. "What the h*ll dad!?" Virgil yells, getting the attention of both parents.

     "Virgil. Listen. Just go back to your room." He dad tries to reasons.

     "No! You just slapped my mother and expect me to let it go!?" Virgil snaps. I rarely see him mad, but when he is, god help us all, he's scary.

     "I'm going to stand here till you tell me why the f*ck you hit my mom!" Virgil pries out of my grip. I watch him walk up to his father.

     "You're no father of mine. You yell at my mother every d*mn day. You make her feel like she's not worth anything. You hit her, probably more times then that. You're not my father. I'm going to my room. Goodnight mom. Night Andrew." Virgil spats, venom clear in his voice. He comes to me and grabs my hand, dragging me up the stairs and back to his room.

    "You ok?" I ask as I sit on his bed. He sits on my lap and immediately starts crying. "Oh V." I rub his back.

"I can't believe him Ro." Virgil whispers. I hold him closer and whisper a 'I know' .

It takes awhile but I finally get him calmed down. "You ok now?" I ask.

"Yeah thanks Ro." Virgil says in a small whisper, "Can we go to sleep now? I'm tired."

"Of course we can. You wanna cuddle?" I ask.

Virgil nods his head and gets off my lap. He lays down on his bed and I pull the covers over both of us. I wrap my arms around his waist, his arms lay against my chest. "Thank you Ro. I don't know what'd I do without you." Virgil whispers, cuddling close to me.