Chapter 1

"UGH, I don't get it! They had ONE job", Penelope Waters ripped the plastic wrapping off of her dry-cleaned dress and chucked the clothing onto the floor.

"Come on girl, it can't be that bad" Blair picked up the dress from the floor and held it out to examine it, "-uh okay never mind, this is pretty bad. You definitely can't wear this out". Overcome with frustration, Penelope sat cross legged on the floor with her face buried in her hands.

"Do you have any idea the lengths I went to to get that dress? It's exactly the kind of style Reid likes, and you know he's told me in the past he likes me in pink". Blair laughed and joined her best friend on the floor.

"You could be wearing a hefty trash bag and Reid would still be gushing over how beautiful you look. Penelope, that man is in love with you."

It was something every girl wanted to hear. Reid Woods was a renowned photographer of the Upper East Side, from high end modeling shots to celebrity weddings. Not only by his skill but he was well known for his personality and many praised him for being the utmost gentleman. It helped that he had model-like looks as well, and women swooned at his smile.

Penelope was unconditionally in love with him.

She didn't care about his status, money, or his looks. He has been there for her through thick and thin and showed her ways to achieve things she always knew she was capable of – but was too scared to try. If he asked her to be his wife today, she would have a wedding dress ready by tonight. But she couldn't help the feelings that she would get every other day. Why wasn't he making her his? If he truly loved her, what was the hold up? In the back of her mind, she knew she would never be good enough for him. She knew it, but wasn't ready to accept it – not just yet.

"Oh, look what about this one!" Blair pulled out a black strapless dress, "Penelope, this one is so sexy!" Penelope stood up and Blair held the dress against Penelope's chest. She shook off her negative feelings and nodded. She didn't want to be that girl. The annoying, clingy female. She wanted Reid to choose her because he loved her, not because she was pressuring him in any way.

DingDong

"Okay, I'm going to try this on. Do you mind getting the door for me?" Penelope asked. Blair nodded and made her way out of Penelope's room and into the foyer to answer the door. She opened the door to find Reid waiting.

"Reid! You're early," she greeted him with a warm hug.

"Uh-oh Blair what did you do to my baby, is she okay?" he joked. He took off his shoes and plopped down on the couch. It's been a long day at work and his shoulders were killing him.

"Oh relax your bay-beh is fine. She's in there changing dumbass" Blair replied and they both shared a laugh.

"Penelope! Babe" he called out. Penelope yelled out that she's coming and after a couple of minutes she came out dressed in her bathrobe. Reid took her arm, sat her on the couch, and laid down with his head in her lap. He closed his eyes, nuzzled his face into her stomach and moaned.

"You always smell so good, there has to be a way for you to be around me at all times" he stated while giving her small pecks on her stomach. Penelope couldn't help but giggle.

"Fucking love birds, this is my cue to leave," Blair joked and grabbed her coat and keys to leave, "have fun idiots. Penelope call me if you need anything".

Penelope looked down at Reid and gently caressed his face.

"Okay I just need five minutes. A quick nap right here and I'll be good to go", Reid mumbled under his breath while moving closer to her. Every time she thought he couldn't get any closer, Reid would somehow find a way to get closer. She loved that about him.