iii, lists of unknown names

Daniel was still in a state of shock

Daniel was still in a state of shock. Some memories; about his childhood, his family, life Breuer the maze, had come flooding back as if a dam burst in his mind, the flashbacks racing to be remembered first. However, the coolest thing about it, was the fact that Daniel remembered Melanie, his twin sister, his best friend from the day they was born and she was alive, unlike most of the others.

They both still had a lot to catch up on, and the topic of the maze had yet to be discussed. But both just revelled in the false naivety the pair had created for themselves. Daniel was glad Melanie had walked over to her friend first, wanting to talk to the gladers before drawing attention to her.

He slid onto the bench next to his big group, eyeing Melanie as she sat across from this other boy a few tables away. He intently stared, almost as if this boy she had known for the last while would snap at her. He didn't know why, but he felt a sense of protectiveness over her.

He already wasn't too fond of this boy with his hood up. He somehow reminded Daniel of Thomas, and two of them in a confined space would never end well. He had an odd feeling that he should punch this slightly younger boy, blaming it on the rush of the moment above all else.

"How long you guys been here?", Newt asked these other boys, exhibiting his natural-born leader skills. Daniel thought he always should have been their leader, Newt was the most capable of any person that stepped foot in the box.

"Not long just a day or two", this unknown boy told them, pushing his food around with a fork. "Them kids over there,", he began, before turning and looking at Melanie and her friend. The pair are eating their lunch and talking in hushed voices. She seems frustrated, deep lines set into her forehead. Her shoulders give off the fact she's paranoid, checking behind him and herself every so often. "been here the longest. Almost a week", the boy finished, with everyone staring at the two.

A second tanned boy leans forward, to whisker into their ears. "His maze was nothing but girls", he gossiped, making Minho perk up.  Daniel could tell he was wishing he was there right now. But his 'charm' would probably get him killed in a all-girl maze.

"Really?", Minho asked.

"Some guys have all the luck'", one of the boys commented, still staring at the pair who had picked up on the eyes burning into their backs.

"What's up with the girl?", Winston questioned, staring at Melanie as if she was an exhibit at a museum. Daniel had to resist the urge to smack him. He didn't seem to be the only one. Thomas, who had just walked into the room and sat down, seemed on edge as they discussed Daniel's sister. His fist clenched, and his eyes never left her, almost as if he was battling if he wanted to reach out to her or not.

A third boy smirked leaning forward on his elbows. "Now, I can't remember seeing a girl in years, but her. She's pretty, but stubborn. Almost took Freddie's head off when he went to talk to her", he laughed, earning a scoff from another boy, assumed to be Freddie.

"I hear she's smart too, like freakishly smart', his tanned friend added, as if that was some sort of state secret they were sharing. Daniel thought they were pathetic.