Frederick Chase

" Helen, hurry up! Annabeth is coming in 5 minutes!" I yell. 

Annabeth Chase, my beloved daughter. I'll admit, I wasn't the best father to her. I was too caught up in work, and I didn't even want a child. But when Athena came to my doorstep with a child in her arms, I had no choice but to care for her. In the beginning, I despised her, looked at her as a burden, an obstacle keeping me from reaching my dreams. 

As time went on, Annabeth grew up, winning 1st place trophies, and amazing me with her intelligence. But still, I distanced myself from her. I ended up marrying Helen, and had 2 wonderful kids with her. I could tell that Annabeth was feeling left out, even at that young of an age, so I tried to make a positive relationship with her. Over time, I thought I was improving, but I guess not, cause one day, I came home from work to find Annabeth gone.

I reached out to Athena, feeling guilty as to what I had done. I knew there was no way to make her come back home, but I at least wanted assurance that the would be safe. Athena assured me, that no harm would come to Annabeth, that she would protect her until she found a camp - a camp, which I heard was a safe haven for demigods like her. I hadn't seen her, or even had the chance to be in contact with her, for every time I tried, she would never reply, though i can't blame her. Now, I have a chance to make things right, to be the father she needed. 

DING DONG

Ah just in time. I hurriedly made my way to to door and looked through the peephole. I saw Annabeth and... a boy. One with black hair and sea-green eyes. I raised an eyebrow. I boyfriend perhaps?

I opened the door and welcomed Annabeth and the boy. She awkwardly hugged me and smiled. I then firmly shook the boy's hand. 

" What's your name?" I asked.

He smiled in reply. " Percy Jackson sir."

Percy Jackson. That name sounds vaguely familiar.

" Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Yes. I met you once before when I was 14. I was the boy who came asking for your car when Annabeth was kidnapped," he laughed. 

"Ah. I remember you know. Though you were much more scrawny at the time. Anyway, thank you for saving my daughter," I said smiling. 

I lead them to the living room where I motioned them to sit down.

" So, Annabeth, anything new happen lately?" i ask, breaking the awkward silence.

Annabeth takes a pause and looks and Percy, and the 2 of them have a sort of silent conversation. Eventually, Annabeth sighs, look at me and says, " Dad?" 

"Yes, Annabeth?"

" Im engaged."

My eyes widen and I unwillingly go into a coughing fit. Annabeth immediately rushes to my side and asks Helen to get a glass of water. She hands me a glass and I slowly recover. I regain my posture and sit on the couch staring at Annabeth. 

A million thoughts are going through my head. Who is the boy? What is he like? Is it Percy? Is that why he is here with Annabeth? How long has Annabeth been dating the guy? Who are his parents? And hundreds of more questions.  

I mentally go through all the scenarios in my head. I could either rage and lose Annabeth forever, or i could get to know the kid, and then express my honest opinions calmly. I go with the second option.

" Who is he Annabeth?"

Annabeth sighed. She looked at Percy and back before facing me and saying, " It's him."

I look at Percy, mentally judging him. With his uncombed hair, muscles, and smirk he had sometimes, he sort of looks to me like a skater or troublemaker. 

" Annabeth, if you love him and want to get married to him, im ok with that, but I would like to get to know him."

Annabeth considered this for a moment. 

" Sure."

There will be a part 2 coming out!!