8. Welcome To The Black Parade

Once I've got the dress on, all that's left is to struggle with the ribbons holding the back closed. I manage to get ahold of them, but lose my grip and groan in frustration. I hear a knock on the door, followed by "Sugar? Are you okay?" Gerard. "Yeah, I'm-" I cut myself off with a frustrated sigh "no.. can you help me?" I ask through the door and hear him chuckle as he opens it. He steps in and his eyes widen "wow..." he continues staring and I feel a heat rise into my cheeks as I look at the ground. "I dont do dresses..." I trail off with an awkward giggle and he snaps out of his trance, stepping over to me and clearing his throat. I turn around, showing what I needed help with "I thought you'd struggle with that..." he trails off "that's why this is here," I feel him pull on something toward the bottom and hear a quiet zipping noise. "You mean there was a zipper there the whole time!" I whisper-yell and he chuckles, adjusting the laces "the laces are just for looks.." he trails off and I look at the ground "damn, I feel stupid" I giggle lightly. "There ya go," he walks around me so he's in front and brushes a stray bit of hair from my face, smiling at me.

After a minute he gently grabs my hand and leads me out of the closet, where Mikey is sitting on the couch waiting for us. I sit in a chair across from him and Gerard sits on the arm of the chair, with his arm across the back. Mikey looks up from the floor and awkwardly smiles "s-sorry about earlier..." he trails off and I smile back "it's alright, I really don't care" I let out a small laugh and he relaxes a bit. "So, uhm.. what did we do wrong?" I ask quietly and he chuckles "so he didnt tell you," he looks over to Gerard who shrugs in response. "Does this have something to do with the countdown?" I ask, looking up at the white haired man leaning on my chair. He nods "kind of..." he trails off "so... before you jump into explaining all of this, where am I? You said I'm not in Heaven or Hell... so where?" I ask and he sighs "Welcome to The Black Parade," he says doing sarcastic jazz hands "The... The Black Parade? Like the song?" He tilts his head, "the songs the reason this place came into existence so I suppose so..." he trails off and I nod "rad." He looks at me with wide eyes, "that's it? No questions? Just 'rad.'" I nod "yep, just rad." "I think Frank would like her," Mikey chimes in with a small chuckle.

~skip to after Moikey and Geesus explained~

"So... Gerard is the leader of 'The Black Parade?'" I ask and he nods "and he was supposed to wait until he was married to..." I trail off, blushing as I remember what happened in the closet earlier (that sounds weird out of context, if you dont remember, they kissed). They both nod, knowing what I meant without me finishing the sentance. I hum "so, I'm here because... why am I here again?" I ask, looking up at Gerard who was still leaning on the arm of the chair. "Cause the people are freaking out about the fact that I'm already two years into leading and still not married" he rolls his eyes and points at Mikey "he made me do it" he laughs and Mikey looks up with a small smirk and chuckles "hey, you had a whole stack of files, your the one that chose her." He states and I look back to Gerard, stunned "y-you had other choices and chose m-me?" I ask and he nods with a light smile. I feel tears prick at my eyes and I look down, Gerard notices and moves from the arm of the chair so he's now crouched in front of me. He leans forward and cups my cheek in his hand, "why are ya crying Sugar?" He asks confused and I here Mikey mutter something along the lines of "I'll just go..." to which Gerard nods and looks back to me.

Once Mikeys out the door, I lean into Gerards hand "why me? There had to of been better options..." I trail off and he lifts my face a little to look at him, "Sugar no... dont be like that..." he trails off and wipes away a tear with his thumb. I lean into his palm and a small smile crosses my face, "here, let me find you something more comfortable to put on and we'll talk about this..." he removes his hand from my face and stands up, I nod as he walks back to the closet.

He comes back with a pile of fluffy fabric in his arms "they're mine, but I don't really have much comfort wise..." he trails off and helps me up from the chair, he hands me the clothes and gently shuts the closet door behind me as I step in to change. "Uh... Gee?" I call through the door and he opens it, poking his head in "what is it?" He asks gently and I look at the floor, a faint blush rising into my cheeks "I uh... I cant reach the zipper." I let out an awkward chuckle and he walks over; untying the laces and carefully, at an agonizingly slow pace, unzipping the back. I can feel his hands shaking and shiver at the contact of the cold air on my skin. He smiles with a light blush and steps back out of the closet. I manage to successfully get the dress off and it feels as if a large weight is lifted off of me as I pull on the pair of fuzzy pants, Batman? I smirk and throw my tie dye shirt back on.

__________________

Sorry theres not much to this chapter, but I didnt want to throw to much into it :)