Won't be there

Aoyama's POV

Beep Beep Beep

Aoyama hit the blaring alarm clock beside his bed.

6:00 am

School doesn't start until 8:30, but Aoyama likes not having to rush his morning schedule. It takes time to look as magnifique as he does! Plus Mr. Aizawa was giving them a test today and if Aoyama was going to fail, he was going to do it while looking fabulous.

Aoyama jumped out of bed and headed down stairs to take a shower. By the time he got to the dorm shared showers, someone was already in one of the stalls. Probably Iida, he's the only other boy who willingly wakes up this early.

Aoyama undressed and picked a shower a couple stalls away from Iida's. Aoyama stood under the steaming water and relished in the feeling of it on his skin.

After a few minutes of relaxing, he got to work. He grabbed his shampoo and began running it through his beautiful hair, making sure to massage his scalp as well. After rinsing that out he did the same with his conditioner. When that was all done he shut off the water and got dressed.

Iida was already standing at the sink brushing his teeth.

"Good morning" Iida said with the toothbrush still in his mouth and a robotic wave of the hand.

"Good morning, Monsieur Iida." Aoyama replied while also striking poses in the mirror. Aoyama caught Iida staring at him funny and gave him his classic 'V' smile.

Iida chuckled and left the showers, leaving Aoyama alone. Aoyama brushed his teeth and headed back up stairs to dry and style his hair.

He could hear the sounds of his classmates as he passed their dorms and was glad he left the showers when he did. Soon it would be a mad house in there. There would probably be a lot of screaming, most if not all of it from Bakugo.

Entering his room he saw that his phone was blinking red. He missed a call. When he looked he saw it was from his mom. It was strange that she would call at this time given that she was in France and it was probably midnight or so for her.

When he called back she answered on the second ring.

"Hi Yuga. How's my darling boy?" She asked.

"I'm good mom. Sorry I missed your call I was in the shower."

"Oh that's fine sweetie, I just wanted to call before you went to school."

"Why? Isn't it late for you?" Aoyama questioned her.

"Well I-" she didn't finish her sentence and sounded a little dejected.

"Yeah?" Aoyama pushed.

"Honey, things have been rough here. Financially, I mean."

There was a silence and suddenly Aoyama knew where this conversation was going.

"Between your tuition, room and board, and food. And not to mention all the stuff we have here. I'm afraid we can't afford a plane ticket to Japan." Her voice was so soft and hesitant that Aoyama couldn't quite process the words.

"So that means-" Aoyama started

"It means I won't be there for your birthday."

For a minute no one said a thing. Both parties just sat there on the phone. Nearly 10,000 miles apart, but instantly connected by technology and blood.

"Yuga, I'm so sorry! If there was anyway that I could-"

"No, it's fine. I mean, I wish you could be here, but I'll be okay. It's just one birthday."

They talked for a little while, but Aoyama's mom let him go so he could get ready for class. When he hung up and put the phone down he meant to go to the mirror and start work on his hair, but suddenly for the first time in his life, he didn't care. He didn't care what he looked like or what others thought of him. He only cared that on his birthday, he would be alone.

Aoyama wanted to complain about the unfairness of it all, but how could he? After everything his mother had done for him, is doing for him. How could he complain?

How could he sit here in his dorm room in the best hero school in Japan and complain? His mother was paying a lot of money for him to come here and he wouldn't pay her back by complaining about it.

But just because he wouldn't complain, didn't mean it didn't feel awful.

---------------------------------------------------

Still Aoyama's POV

Aoyama never ended up doing his hair. For the first since he can remember, people saw his hair for what it is naturally. A blonde wavy mess. He also didn't press his uniform, so it was more wrinkly than it usually was.

Mr. Aizawa handed him a stack of tests to pass backwards and also gave him a curious look. Aoyama had no classic 'V' smile for him so he just pretended not to notice. Aoyama passed the tests back and started his.

The test flew by and Aoyama was pretty sure he bombed it. He knew he was going to fail, but after the phone call with his mom, failing only served to dampen his mood even more.

When the bell rang Aoyama rose from his seat and turned in his test to Mr. Aizawa and just about ran out of the class room. Aoyama was gone before even class 1A's resident Sonic had chance to stand.

---------------------------------------------------

Yaoyorozu's POV

Yaoyorozu watched Aoyama run from the class like there was a fire. Well given her classmates, a fire wasn't all that unlikely to occur.

Yaoyorozu stayed behind as all her fellow heros in training filed out. Iida had turned in his test and was about to leave, but Yaoyorozu stopped him.

"Hey, can you hang back for a second? I wanna talk to Mr. Aizawa about something."

"Oh sure! If there is a problem it is my sole responsibility as class rep to amend it."

When the last of the class finally trickled out, Yaoyorozu walked up to her pro hero teacher.

"Mr. Aizawa-" she started

"Let me guess, you wanna talk about Aoyama don't you?"

"Well, yes. How did you know that?" She asked.

"You'd have to be blind to not notice that something is bothering him." He said in his usual monotone voice.

"Aoyama? What's wrong with Aoyama? He seemed fine this morning."

Mr. Aizawa and Yaoyorozu both looked at Iida with an exasperated look.

"What? I saw him this morning. He was posing in the mirror and even smiled."

"Well, regardless. Clearly something happened between when you saw him, Iida, and when we left for class." Yaoyorozu stated and continued with
"He's not himself."

Iida thought for a moment and said

"I am ashamed that I did not notice a classmate in need. How could we help?"

Yaoyorozu and Iida looked at each other and then at their teacher who never seemed to fail them.

"Well, I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do know that his birthday is coming up. On the 30th. Maybe you could get him a gift or something."

"Oh his birthday!" Exclaimed Iida.

"I feel like we could do something special for his birthday!" Immediately Yaoyorozu had a couple of brilliant ideas. Aoyama would have the best birthday ever!

This is the end of part one of a currently undetermined amount of parts.