Chapter 29: Letters and Consequence

Harry growled at Flamel as he was told what he would be doing.

"What do you mean it is my task to gather them?" The fifteen-year-old wizard was not in a good mood, as his godfather had still not awoken from what his Master had done to him five months previous. While his wounds were completely healed according to Madam Pomfrey, his mind and magic were working heavily on something. She suspected that the Elixir was attempting to heal his mind in regards to the Dementor exposure he suffered for over a decade. Exposure that was already mitigated with three years of freedom.

Flamel sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "My apprentice, I thought I was clear. It seems your wayward former classmates have taken it upon themselves to train somewhere in the castle. As it is, you are much more familiar with the castle than I, thus you are to find them."

Harry blew out air in a frustrated sigh before responding," Dumbledore told you that I need to spend more time with people my age didn't he?" At his master's silence, Harry nodded. "Fine. I will find them. It won't be too hard. If they are planning something stupid?"

Nicolas Flamel smiled in a manner that would send shivers down most men's spines. "While you either make sure they don't do it.... Or you make sure they survive it. I have a perfect track record of students under my care surviving it. Do not ruin that my apprentice."

Harry shrugged and turned to move down the hallways. "I hate it when you send me to do your work Master. It is rather annoying." As soon as the door to the Hospital Wing shut again, Nicolas turned back to the bed that Sirius Black was resting on. Nicolas cracked his neck before pressing a finger tip to the man's forehead.

"Now, to find out why you aren't awake when I want you to be Mr. Black." In a subtle pulse of magic, Nicolas dove into Sirius' mind.

It was a momentous occasion for both British Wizard and Goblin kind. For the first time in history, the Goblin Monarch stepped foot in the British Wizarding Ministry of Magic. Zaber smiled cruelly as he thought of his predecessors' reactions to this would be. He was raised on the prospect that the only reason for Goblin royalty to step foot in the Wizard's world would be to conquer it.

As he stepped through the green fires of the Floo, he placed his bare foot upon the white marble of the Minister's office. And instantly, he knew. Goblins were gifted with one of three branches of understanding intuitively. The majority of the Goblin Nation of Britain were gifted with Wequsqueos, the traits that made them great warriors. Able to turn their pain aside, a fierce determination and most importantly magic that reacted well with Goblin Amplification, they were deadly combatants. His brother was one such goblin. A large secondary portion of the Nation were gifted with Miseksqueos, or metal traits. They were the bankers, the forgers the face of the Goblin Nation. However, Zaber was gifted with the third trait. Caokbosqueos, the Makers. They who's blood builds. Zaber was gifted with what most magicals would label psychometry, but the Nation called Prxcgulisqux.

It was where he gained his namesake of Zaber of Prx. Anything he touched with his bare skin, he knew. So, schooling his features to hide his knowledge, Zaber turned towards Cornelius Fudge.

"So tell me Minister Fudge, what plans did you have for my people? For that will greatly modify what I ask for as compensation for my Nation."

Hermione and Ron smiled as the students in front of them practiced the spells that Hermione received in her letter from her pen pal. "That's wonderful! Keep it up you all! Soon, we should be able to keep our families safe if this is the dedication we show!" The bushy-haired woman was ecstatic that her idea, to help tutor the students in offensive magic and to put it to use was supported so widely.