Part 1

Hermione sat in the tent, feeling lower than she had her whole life. Ron leaving had devastated her. She pulled her knees up to her chin, bent her head and wept. She hoped the tears would take away some of the pain in her heart.

Harry sat next to her, so angry. Ron's leaving made everything feel so much worse, made the war seem so much more dire, made Harry feel like no matter what he did he would never be able to end it.

He listened to Hermione weep, wanting to comfort her but with no idea how. How could he comfort her when he needed comforting just as much himself? He didn't know the words that he should use.

He compromised by simply putting his arms around her shaking shoulders and pulling her close, needing to feel her there as much as he wanted to give her comfort.

She eventually put one arm around his torso and buried her head in his chest, holding onto him like he was oxygen, scared that he would be gone soon too. She couldn't lose Harry too.

Eventually Hermione stood up and pulled Harry by the hand to the bunk beds. She lay down on the lower bed, Ron's bed, and moved over to give Harry space.

Harry hesitated for a moment but gave into the pleading look in her eyes. He got into the bed next to her and allowed Hermione to curl up in his embrace with her face hidden against his chest, he could feel her tears leaking through his jumper.

"Harry, we have to keep going. We have to make the world a safer place. We have to end this war" Hermione mumbled into his chest. Her voice sounded so pained.

"We will 'Mione. I'll do whatever I have to. We will end this" he insisted.

Hermione looked up into her best friends eyes and smiled weakly. She pulled herself up to lay a kiss on his cheek and relaxed on the pillow beside him.

"It was the locket. He wouldn't have left us if it wasn't for the locket" Hermione was certain.

"I know" Harry sighed.

He turned on his side to face Hermione and wiped a tear from her cheek. She managed a weak smile and Harry felt his anger intensify. Locket or no locket he couldn't understand how Ron could cause her so much pain.

Harry looked deep into her eyes and saw the soft, sweet Hermione that wasn't plagued by war. The girl who never had a chance to shine, always being tempered down by planning, scheming and fighting.

He felt her warm breath on his face; her fingers entwined with his, so desperate for safety and comfort, his thumb trailed a circle on her soft skin.

Without thinking he lent forward just a little more and softly touched his lips to hers.

Hermione froze, for a split second her entire body was completely still and the tension made Harry come to his senses.

He pulled away quickly, "I'm sorry 'Mione. I don't know what came over me" he gasped.

He made to pull his hand away, only to feel Hermione grip it tightly and pull him towards her. She tentatively touched her lips to his and quickly became engulfed in Harry as he wrapped himself around her and deepened the kiss.

He slipped his tongue between her lips as soon as she granted him entrance. He began to explore her, revelling in her taste as he massaged her tongue with his own.

Passion took over from comfort as they kissed. Hermione dragged Harry's jumper over his head and pulled his t-shirt from his body quickly, recapturing his lips as soon as he was free from the material.

Harry followed suit, tearing Hermione's jacket from her shoulders and pulling her polo-neck jumper over her head, exposing a small white camisole that barely covered her skin.

Hermione wrapped her legs around his waist and gripped his messy black hair as he began to move his body against hers.

The raw passion was confusing, blinding, nothing else mattered in that moment, just the desperate need that consumed them both.

Harry ran his calloused hands over Hermione's soft skin, reaching down to the zip of her jeans, "Hermione are you sure you want to do this?"

Hermione nodded and popped the button of her jeans herself, Harry pulling the zip down and sitting up to help her remove the denim from her legs.

He shed his own trousers and lay back on top of her, pulling the covers over them to shield their half-naked bodies from the cold.

Hermione felt Harry's hardened length against her thigh, his hands gently moving back up her body, running under her camisole to cup her bra-clad breasts.

He kissed her with intense passion, rubbing himself against her centre as she arched her back at the new sensations she had never felt before.

She returned his kiss with the same intensity and ran her hands down his back and shed him of his underwear, moving to remove her own.

She ran her hand between them and took hold of his length, pumping it a little and placing him at her entrance.

Harry stalled for a moment, unsure. He pulled away from Hermione holding himself up above her, "Hermione..." her name was like a question; a question she answered with a nod.

He leant down to kiss her and sheathed himself inside her, holding still as she stiffened up. The new sensation, the warmth, the tightness it, it was almost too much for him.

Hermione gripped his shoulders and nodded for him to continue. He slowly began to pump in and out; trying to hold back his impending explosion as Hermione eventually relaxed and began to move with him.

They were completely consumed by their movements, thrusting against each other. Hermione threw her head back as Harry began to increase the pace, she moaned as he changed the angle of his thrusts and called his name as he bent to suck on her neck and down to the top of her breast, barely concealed in her camisole and bra.

The bed groaned beneath them as they reached new heights, Hermione crying out as she finally exploded, pulling Harry over the edge with her.

Harry collapsed on top of Hermione, panting. Hermione kept her arms tightly around Harry's waist even as he rolled to the side to take his weight off of her.

Harry pulled Hermione over to him, holding her tight, still needing the comfort she brought. They slept that night in each other's arms.

.....

They got up the next morning, dressed and packed up the tent.

Neither said anything about the night before as they prepared to leave. They both knew that it was for comfort, togetherness and nothing more.

Harry took Hermione's hand and apparated them away.